14.2. Configure Logging in the Management Console
The management console provides a graphical user interface for the configuration of the root logger, log handlers, and log categories. See Section 3.4.1, “Management Console” for more information about the Management Console.
To access logging configuration, follow the steps below:
- Log in to the Management Console
- Navigate to the logging subsystem configuration. This step varies between servers running as standalone servers and servers running in a managed domain.
Standalone ServerClick on Configuration, expand Core in the Subsystems menu, and then click Logging.
Managed DomainClick on Configuration, select the profile to edit from the drop-down menu. Expand Core in the Subsystems menu, and then click Logging.
The tasks you can perform to configure the root logger are:
- Edit the log level.
- Add and remove log handlers.
The tasks you can perform to configure log categories are:
- Add and remove log categories.
- Edit log category properties.
- Add and remove log handlers from a category.
The main tasks you can perform to configure log handlers are:
- Adding new handlers.
- Configuring handlers.
All supported log handlers (including custom) can be configured in the management console.