7.3. Known Issues
- 1054876 - Proxy creation fails when a superclass does not have a no-arg constructor
- CDI defines that a class must have a public constructor either annotated @Inject or with no arguments. Weld checks this requirement during deployment. However, the Weld implementation in this EAP version erroneously performs a stricter check and requires that also constructors of all superclasses have public no-arg constructors. If they do not, an `UnproxyableResolutionException` is thrown and the deployment fails.A workaround is to include a public no-args constructor in all superclasses of a bean class.
- 1086555 - Weld - Specialization of generic beans throws inappropriate exception
- In this release of JBoss EAP 6, setting a specialization on a generic bean results in a
DefinitionExceptionbeing thrown.This behavoir may not be appropriate and is under investigation.
- 1054874 - jboss-cli.sh cygwin support
- This release of JBoss EAP 6 contains a bug that may create problems using the product in a Cygwin environment.Differences in the POSIX and Microsoft Windows pathing implementations may cause the path variables in the
jboss-cli.shshell script to not function as expected.This issue is expected to be resolved in a future release of the product.
- 900483 - Stale session data received when using DIST SYNC on node shutdown
- During testing, some cases showed that stale session data was received when a node shut down and
DIST ASYNCcache mode was used. This issue is still under investigation.
- 900378 - CDI beans with SET replication trigger are not replicating
- Due to a bug in the Weld component, the
setAttributemethod is not called correctly. This causes CDI beans with the
SETreplication trigger to fail to be replicated. The workaround is to use the
SET_AND_NON_PRIMITIVE_GETtrigger for these beans. This will be fixed in a future release.
- 900946 - IllegalStateException: Cache is in 'TERMINATED'/'STOPPING' state.
- This release of JBoss EAP 6 carries a bug that may cause an
IllegalStateExceptionto appear after an application is undeployed on one node within 5 seconds of having been deployed on another node within the cluster.This issue in under investigation and is expected to be resolved in a future release.
- 901162 - TimeoutException: Unable to acquire lock
- A Known Issue exists in this release of JBoss EAP 6 that produces a
TimeoutException: Unable to acquire lockunder some circumstances.This issue is expected to be resolved in a later release.
- 917635 - Failed to load session: NullPointerException
- A Known Issue in this release can cause a NullPointerException with a Failed to load session message to be encountered after application deployment in some circumstances.This issue is expected to be resolved in a later release of the product.
- 993041 - RuntimeException in org.jboss.as.web.session.ClusteredSession.access
- In rare circumstances, when a distributed web session is being accessed while another node is abruptly leaving the cluster, a lock aquisition might fail. When this occurs it results in an exception message:
RuntimeException: JBAS018060: Exception acquiring ownership of <session-id>The root cause of this issue is that the lock acquisition does not take into account that a cluster node might leave the cluster at exactly the same time, resulting in the lock acquisition failure. This issue is under investigation and is expected to be resolved in a future version. No known workaround is available.
- 959951 - CacheException: java.lang.RuntimeException: Failure to marshal argument(s) at server shutdown
- On shutdown of a server the following message may be logged:
CacheException: java.lang.RuntimeException: Failure to marshal argument(s) at server shutdownThis message occurs because Infinispan does not yet support clean shutdown and can be safely ignored. This issue is being investigated but no known workaround is available.
- 922699 - IllegalStateException: AtomicMap stored under key X has been concurrently removed!
- An IllegalStateException can be thrown in rare cases when routine processing expiration and passivation accesses a session that is concurrently removed. This causes an exception to be thrown and logged.The exception can be ignored. However, disabling session passivation will ensure the problem is avoided.
- 1111575 - subnet-match is completely broken
- This release of JBoss EAP 6 carries a bug that prevents subnet-match from respecting the value attribute.This issue is under investigation and is expected to be resolved in a later release of the product.
- 1105677 - Nonexistent ldap group causes authentication to fail in security-realm
- This release of JBoss EAP6 carries a bug that causes
LdapGroupSearcherto fail when attempting to look up a group that does not exist on the local LDAP server. In these instances the search returns an
HTTP 500error code, preventing some users from logging in.This issue is expected to be resolved in a future release of the product.
- 1015524 - RBAC: unable to deploy the same deployment which was already deployed by user from different server-group scope
- When role-based access controls are enabled, management users with server-group scoped roles might have new deployments fail with the following message:
"JBAS014807: Management resource '[(\"deployment\" => \"example.war\")]' not found"This occurs because a deployment with the same name already exists in the domain. This is correct behaviour. However because the management user is scoped to a server group, they will be unable to see if such a deployment already exists in another server group. This makes it difficult to avoid this confusing error.To workaround this limitation, Red Hat recommends that either non-scoped roles are assigned to the users responsible for adding deployments to a domain, or that a list of deployment names is maintained so that management users are aware of them.
- 995439 - JTS transactions settings depend on Jacorb settings
- When JTS is enabled in the
Transactionssection of the web management console ("Profile -> Container -> Transactions"), it it is necessary to also set the attribute
transactionsto the value
onin the JacORB subystem. The intended behaviour is that transactions are enabled when JTS is enabled. The cause of this issue is under investigation. Until it is resolved, the workaround is to ensure that the
transactionsattribute is also set to
on. Note that the transactions subsystem is available only in the
- 990102 - Concurrent access timeout -- could not obtain lock within 5000 MILLISECONDS
- This release of JBoss EAP 6 carries a bug that could produce a
concurrent access timeoutwhen an EJB client invoking a method on a stateful bean in a "forwarding" cluster; this bean forwards the call to stateful beans in a "target" cluster, and then back again. Invocations are serial; the client will not invoke a method on a bean until it got a response to previous invocation. When one of the servers in the cluster is shut down, the error occurs.
- 1118432 - java.util.concurrent.RejectedExecutionException if a remote-naming InitialContext should be closed
- In this release of JBoss EAP 6, if remote naming is used to lookup an EJB it creates an
ejb-clientcontext.If the remote naming context object is closed when done, the client will log the error shown below, because the
ejb-clientcontext was already shut down and it tried to again.
ERROR [org.jboss.remoting.handler-errors] Close handler threw an exception: java.util.concurrent.RejectedExecutionExceptionThis issue will be corrected in an upcoming release.
- 1067194 - EJB3 client code swallows exceptions making it difficult to track down issues in production.
- This release of JBoss EAP 6 carries a bug that causes EJB3 clients to swallow exceptions unless logging is set to DEBUG.This issue is expected to be resolved in a future release of the product.
- 1123505 - EJB/remoting configuration does not propagate the certificate as credentials for authentication if mutual auth SSL was used for the connection
- In this release of JBoss EAP 6, EJB/remoting configurations do not propagate the certificate as credentials for authentication if mutual authentication SSL is used for the connection.This issue makes it impossible to use the
BaseCertLoginModulefor authentication with SSL protected EJBs.This issue is under investigation and is expected to be resolved in a future release of the product.
- 1102974 - HHH-9231 Uncommitted data can remain in transactional collection cache after rollback if collection is initialized after flush
- This release of JBoss EAP 6 contains a bug that causes some changes to remain in the level 2 cache, following rollback of changes.This issue may result in a
javax.persistence.EntityNotFoundExceptionor non-existent entities being encountered.This issue is expected to be resolved in a future release of the product.
- 1111706 - NonUniqueDiscoveredSqlAliasException: Encountered a duplicated sql alias
- In this release of JBoss EAP 6 a native SQL query which specifies a column multiple times without unique aliases (e.g. "select e.id, e.title, e.id from Event e") for any simple entity (e.g. Event) fails in with the following message:
org.hibernate.loader.custom.NonUniqueDiscoveredSqlAliasException: Encountered a duplicated sql alias [id] during auto-discovery of a native-sql queryThis happens because Hibernate obtains the column labels from java.sql.ResultSetMetaData.getColumnLabel(). Hibernate cannot determine if the columns with the same name refer to the same value from the same entity.Rather than possibly making an incorrect assumption, Hibernate throws the exception.The workaround is to provide unique aliases for columns with the same name (e.g. "select e.id AS id1, e.title, e.id AS id2 from Event e").
- 1094951 - HHH-9261 Multiple detached representations of the same entity cannot be merged using cascade=merge
- An issue in this release of JBoss EAP 6 could result in an
java.lang.IllegalStateException: An entity copy was already assigned to a different entityerror being encountered.The issue presents during a cascade merge if multiple entity instances with the same identity are detected. As they cannot be automatically merged, the exception is raised.This issue is expected to be resolved in a future release of the product.
- 1105078 - HHH-9062 Envers validity audit strategy: end revision timestamp is not stored in tables for joined subclasses
- In this release of JBoss EAP 6, when Envers is used with a validity audit strategy to audit an entity hierarchy using JOINED inheritance, the resulting audit tables created for the joined subclasses do not contain the end revision column.This can complicate partitioning the audit tables for joined subclasses.This issue is under investigation.
- 1085982 - Envers: Column of Embedded missing in Audit Table (HHH-8908)
- This release of JBoss EAP 6 contains a bug that prevents attributes inherited from superclasses in Hibernate from being audited unless the class is marked as @Audited.The workaround is to ensure that the @Audited attribute is used in classes to be tracked.This issue is expected to be resolved in a future release of the product.
- 1117447 - HHH-9280 Join table name for @ElementCollection of entity class name instead of specified entity name
- This release of JBoss EAP 6 carries a bug in the Hibernate component that causes the table name computed for an @ElementCollection to use the entity class name instead of the specified entity name.This issue is expected to be resolved in a future release of the product.
- 900321 - HHH-7287 Problem in caching proper natural-id-values when obtaining result by naturalIdQuery using NaturalIdLoadAccess
- The Hibernate interface
NaturalIdLoadAccessbehaves inconsistently when trying to load entities from the Level Two (L2) Cache following an update of their
natural-idvalues from a non-transactional scenario.Hibernate currently does not support proper L2 caching of entities with natural identifiers in scenarios where there is a mix of transactional and non-transactional access to the database.
- 1032892 - Unable to use tab filling for path starting with a drive letter on windows.
- In the console installer of JBoss EAP 6 on Microsoft Windows Server, tab completion for directory paths which start with a drive letter is not working.When entering a path which starts with a drive letter, for example
C:\, and pressing the
Tabkey, nothing is shown. In this situation, it is expected that it will show the contents of that directory.This issue will be fixed in a future release.
- 977805 - Starting JBoss Administration Console from start menu is not working on Solaris
- The start menu shortcuts for the Administration Console on Solaris do not work for a JBoss EAP 6 instance that has been installed using the installer.Instead of opening the Administration Console in a web browser, the following error message is displayed:
Error showing url: HTTP Error: Method Not AllowedThis issue is caused by the
xdg-opencommand not functioning as expected on Solaris.As a workaround to using the start menu shortcuts, the Administration Console can be accessed directly in a web browser. If configured with the default ports, the URLs for the Administration Console are below: For standalone mode: http://localhost:8080/console For domain mode: http://localhost:9990/console
- 1109691 - Recovery does not work when no credentials are specified for recovery element in RA configuration
- In this release of JBoss EAP 6, when security credentials are not specified in the XML for the recovery element, then recovery does not start for particular JMS resource.This behavior is not intended as a connection should be created with "no credentials" (or something similar).This issue is expected to be resolved in a future release of the product.
- 991389 - Connection factory isn't activated in generic-jms-ra.rar resource adapter after server reload with jts transactions mode set.
- When a JBoss EAP server is configured with a resource adapter deployed using
generic-jms-ra.rar, the connection factory is deregistered when the server is reloaded. The cause of the issue is that the generic resource adapter does not correctly handle the reload if the transaction subsystem is configured to run on the JBoss Transactions System (JTS). The root cause of this issue is being investigated.A workaround is to add a JCA descriptor XML file to the RAR archive with the connection properties specified.
- 1023193 - JMS generic RA shows 'lock owned during cleanup' warning during periodic crash recovery
- A minor issue with periodic recovery has been identified, where warning messages beginning with the following text are logged.
WARN [org.jboss.resource.adapter.jms.JmsManagedConnection] (Periodic Recovery) Lock owned during cleanup: java.lang.Throwable: Lock owned during cleanupThe underlying cause of the issue is that the generic JMS adapter mishandles the second periodic recovery call. In accordance with the Object Transaction Service specification, when the transaction manager is set to be run on the Java Transaction Service (JTS) the periodic recovery calls rollback for the same XID twice. The issue is that the generic JMS adapter incorrectly handles the second call of the rollback for the same XID and the above warnings are logged. Note that despite the warning messages, recovery occurs correctly.
- 1107120 - Failures when deploying MySQL JDBC driver to EAP 6.x
- This release of JBoss EAP 6 carries a bug that prevents the MySQL JDBC driver being depoyed under certain circumstances.The deployment fails, informing the user that the deployment already exists. Any attempt to remove an existing deployment also fails.A workaround to avoid these errors is to restart the server. The driver will then deploy successfully.This issue is under investigation.
- 901300 - @Resource injection of Datasource on clustered SFSB fails with serialization error
- This release of JBoss EAP 6 carries a bug that causes @Resource injection of a Datasource field on clustered SFSB to fail with a serialization error.A workaround for this issue is to mark the field transient and then repopulate it manually in @PostActivate.This issue will be addressed in a future release of the product.
- 1033008 - Generic JMS RA is not consistent with the EE spec - it does *not* ignore the parameters when session is created in the transaction context
- When a session is created in a transaction's context and parameters are passed to the generic JMS resource adapter, a Null Pointer Exception (NPE) occurs. The issue occurs because the processing of parameters is atempted, when the Java EE specification states that they are not to be processed. The root cause of the issue is under investigation, but until then a workaround is to set the session to be transacted, as per the following example. With this workaround, the NPE will not occur.
- 1104227 - Incorrent jndi of datasource provided to jdbc driver for recovery when more datasources exist
- In this release of JBoss EAP 6, there is an issue during passing JNDI of a datasource during a recovery process when more than one datasource is defined.Those datasources belong to one physical machine but each of them points to different database (different user is used for connecting).This causes the recovery to fail with an exception and finishes with the following error:
WARN [com.arjuna.ats.jta] (Periodic Recovery) ARJUNA016027: Local XARecoveryModule.xaRecovery got XA exception XAException.XAER_RMERR: oracle.jdbc.xa.OracleXAExceptionThis issue is expected to be resolved in a future release.
- 917683 - Jdr utility generates wrong archive entry name running on Windows
- A bug has been found in the JDR utility when used in Windows environments. It has been reported that the utility will append the last character of the originating $JBOSS_HOME directory to the JBOSS_HOME directory created inside the archive.For example, for an originating JBOSS_HOME directory named jboss-eap-6.2 the JDR utility would produce an archive directory called JBOSS_HOME2.The cause of this bug is still being investigated and no workaround to prevent it exists.
- 1114726 - JPA entity class enhancement may not work for sub-deployments when other sub-deployments reference the entity classes
- This release of JBoss EAP 6 carries a bug that allows entity classes in user applications to be rewritten by the persistence provider at application deployment.Issues have arisen when sub-deployments are deployed in parallel and there are references to entity classes in other sub-deployments beyond the deployment that contains the persistence unit. In these instances each sub-deployment will proceed through the various internal deployment phases in parallel.This issue is expected to be resolved in a future release of the product.
- 1096905 - InstantiationException on WeldApplicationFactory when switching to JSF 1.2 in EAP 6.2.
- JBoss EAP 6 allows users to choose a JSF version for a deployment using descriptors bundled with the deployment.This, however, currently does not work correctly when the deployment also uses CDI. It is currently not possible to have two different deployments use different versions of JSF if both deployments also use CDI.When this is attempted, an exception is thrown and the deployment fails with the following error:
java.lang.InstantiationException: org.jboss.as.weld.webtier.jsf.WeldApplicationFactoryThough using JSF 1.2 with CDI is not officially supported, since JSF 1.2 is an EE5 technology and CDI is an EE6 technology, it is still possible to make JSF 1.2 work with CDI for all deployments using the following workaround:
- Set 1.2 as the default JSF version in EAP by executing the following command in jboss-cli:
- Configure JSF 1.2 dependency for the Weld module in both
/modules/system/layers/base/org/jboss/weld/core/main/module.xml and `/modules/system/layers/base/org/jboss/as/weld/main/module.xmlby changing the line
<module name="javax.faces.api" slot="1.2" />
- Restart the server.
- 1096053 - SyslogHandler doesn't handle multi-byte characters correctly
org.jboss.logmanager.handlers.SyslogHandlerto log multi-byte characters may result in corrupted output recorded in the log. For example:
Mar 8 17:29:09 UNKNOWN_HOSTNAME java: SyslogHandler: ????????????As a workaround for this issue, the same multi-byte characters can be successfully logged using
org.apache.log4j.net.SyslogAppender.The issue is caused in part by the UTF conversion algorithm, and is expected to be fixed in a future release.
- 1031448 - logging-profile works for a servlet, but doesn't for a JSP
- In this release of JBoss EAP 6, logging profiles will work as expected for a servlet, but will not work for a JSP; all log messages from a JSP will go to the system log context.This is becasue the class loader being checked is a
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JasperLoaderwith a parent class loader of the class loader that was registered for the log context.This issue is expected to be resolved in a future release of the product.
- 901231 - Usage of finalize() needs extra guards on IBM JDK
- JBoss EAP 6 can experience intermittent failures when running on the IBM JDK 6 and 7. This is because the IBM garbage collector is much more aggressive than that of other JVMs. This can sometimes result in memory being reclaimed in situations that were unanticipated and did not manifest when testing on other JVMs.Until this issue is resolved Red Hat recommends not using the IBM JDK 6 or 7 to run JBoss EAP 6.
- 1120535 - Querying patching MBeans during shutdown results in IllegalStateException
- This release of JBoss EAP 6 carries a bug caused by the patching subsystem PatchResource not having a depenency on the InstallationManagerService but using it when it may be shut down.This may cause an
IllegalStateExceptionif a shutdown hook attempts to query the patching subsystem MBeans.The workaround is to confirm whether the
InstallationManagerServiceis up prior to using it.
- 1086733 - Changes in PicketLink API between versions 2.1 and 2.5
- PicketLink 2.5 has brought some API changes from PicketLink 2.1, which was included in previous JBoss EAP 6.x releases.These changes include several classes being which affects backwards compatibility. PicketLink 2.1 applications will need to be updated with the changes.The full list of changes is provided at the end of this document.
- 1021607 - RBAC non-addressability
- Some resources are non-addressable to server-group and host scoped roles in order to provide a simplified view of the management model to improve usability. This is distinct from resources that are non-addressable to protect sensitive data.For server-group scoped roles this means that resources in the
socket binding group,
serverportions of the management model will not be visible if they are not related to the server-groups specified for the role.For host-scoped roles this means that resources in the
/host=*portion of the management model will not be visible if they are not related to the server groups specified for the role.However in some cases this simplified view can hide information that while it is outside the scope of what the user is managing, it can provide guidance to the user as to a course of action. An example of this is BZ# 1015524.In a future release, some of these non-addressable resources might be changed to be addressable but non-readable. This will not affect the security of the server because they were not non-addressable for security reasons. Red Hat recommends that you do not rely on the non-addressability of resources to hide information unless the non-addressability is defined in a sensitivity constraint.
- 899666 - RESTEasy: Empty cfg. param javax.ws.rs.Application produces exception
- The RESTEasy component shipped with this version of JBoss EAP 6 throws an
java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: 0error when the
_javax.ws.rs.Application_configuration option in the
WEB-INF/web.xmlfile is left empty.This behavior is sub-optimal and is expected to be addressed in a future release of the product.
- 1088956 - MalformedByteSequenceException in Namespace test on Windows
- In this release of JBoss EAP 6, when encoding is specified in the body of the client request, RESTeasy returns response in encoding of the server, not in encoding of original request. To receive response in specified encoding
request.accept(mediaType)header must be specified or @Produces annotation for the resource can be used.This issue is expected to be resolved in a future release of the product..
- 1078186 - Connection re-used in a inconsistent state despite 'Connection: close' after successful authentication
- In this release of JBoss EAP 6, when sending a client request multiple times, the connection is not handled properly by the underlying httpClient. RESTeasy is using module
org.apache.httpcomponentsprovided by JBoss EAP which is currently in version 4.2.1-redhat-1. The version 4.2.6 of
org.apache.httpcomponentsfixes the problem.
- 1122779 - DataSourceProvider does not delete the temporary files it creates
DataSourceProvider(org.jboss.resteasy.plugins.providers.DataSourceProvider.readDataSource(InputStream, MediaType)) creates a temporary file named
resteasy-provider-datasource ... .tmpwhen reading more then 4096 bytes. However, it does not delete the created temporary file itself nor does it provide a facility to do so, resulting in a resource leak. This issue is under investigation and is expected to be resolved in the next release.
- 1080420 - DataSourceProvider uses an insecure method to read the input stream
- RESTEasy used
InputStream.available()to determine if it had completed reading an input stream from a client.RESTEasy would sometimes fail to completely read input data from clients.This is expected to be resolved in a future release of the product.
- 899664 - (EAP 6.4.x) RESTEasy: Boolean configuration parameters don't reject non-sense content
- This release of JBoss EAP 6 carries a bug that allows invalid Boolean configuration parameters to be set. This behavior is unintended as invalid parameters should be rejected and the application should not be deployed.This issue is expected to be resolved in future release of the product.
- 1124516 - File snmpd.conf.sample is missing in rpm
- The httpd/conf.d/snmpd/snmpd.conf.sample file is missing from the following versions of the mod_snmp RPMs:
An snmpd.conf.sample example file is attached to the Bugzilla for this issue and can be modified as needed.This issue is expected to be resolved in a future release of the product.
- 1104328 - 'Compatible Change' Marshalling does not allow classes to be removed from the class hierarchy of a serialized class
ClassNotFoundExceptionmay be encountered during unmarshalling if a class is missing from the hierarchy of a serialized class.For example, if one system marshals class A, which extends class B, which, in turn extends class C, which is sent to a system that does not contain all three classes in the same hierarchy, an exception may be encountered on the missing class.This issue will be addressed in the next release of the product.
- 1089236 - JBoss Remoting version (unknown) in AS log
- In this release of JBoss EAP 6, the JBoss Remoting version appears as
(unknown)in the server logs.This is a bug in the Remoting system's logging, it does not have any impact on performance.This is expected to be corrected with a component upgrade in a later release.
Scripts and Commands
- 1069252 - add-user.sh is not working with cygwin
- In this release of JBoss EAP 6, the
add-user.shscript will fail with an
IllegalStateException.This bug presents when Java processes are executed in Cygwin becuase there is no java.io.Console available, meaning there is no API available to read a masked password.It is expected to be resolved in a future release of the product.
- 949737 - Session replication broken by NegotiationAuthenticator valve
- Session replication does not work for applications that have the NegotiationAuthenticator valve enabled in their
WEB-INF/web.xmlfile. The NegotiationAuthenticator valve provides its own
getNext()methods that do not correctly add the Clustered session valve to the JBossWeb request pipeline.This issue is under investigation.
- 1103684 - Unable to share Identity Security Domain across datasources
- This release of JBoss EAP 6 carries a bug that presents the error
javax.resource.ResourceException: No matching credentials in Subject!when multiple datasources are defined backed by the same security domain.This issue is being investigated and is expected to be resolved in a future release of the product.
- 1052644 - LdapExtLoginModule cannot find custom ldap socket factory
- In this release of JBoss EAP 6 the
LdapExtLoginModuledoes not set the TCCL to the classloader of a (configurable) JBoss module. The JBoss module would contain a custom socket factory.As a consequence the
LdapExtLoginModulecannot use custom socket factories for creating connections to the ldap server. A
ClassNotFoundExceptionwill be thrown when attempting to use a custom socket factory with the
LdapExtLoginModule.This issue will be resolved in a future release of the product.
- 1097276 - MsSql datasource throws IllegalStateException while obtaining connection
- This release of JBoss EAP 6 carries a bug that produces the exception;
java.lang.IllegalStateException: This ticket is no longer validin MySQ datasources while obtaining connection.This issue is expected to be resolved in a future release.
- 979369 - Different behaviours of HttpSession creation with programmatic login()
- It has been discovered that the behavior of HttpSession creation differs when used together with a programmatic login:
The cause of the difference in behavior is being investigated. No known workaround is available.
- without SSO: Session is not created while calling login() method - i.e. subsequent requests are unauthenticated;
- with non-clustered SSO: Session IS created while calling login() method, but the first call does not set the authentication status there - i.e. subsequent requests are unauthenticated; the user is authenticated after the second call of login() method, because the session is already present;
- with clustered SSO: Session is created while calling login() method and subsequent requests are authenticated.
- 1069326 - Need login/logout audit events
- Domain management requests are handled using a stateless protocol. For HTTP, authentication occurs with each request. For Native authentication, it happens on the establishment of the connection. Other than this, there is no authenticated session.Because there is no authenticated session, login and logout events can not be audited. Instead. audit messages are logged when an operation is received from the user.
- 1124861 - Issue with issue recovering AA with CMR, recovers OK but via orphan detection
- In this release of JBoss EAP 6, if the server crashes at the end of the prepare phase of a two-phase commit when Commit Markable Resource is part of the XA transaction, the XA resource does not roll back immediately, as expected. The resources remain in that state until such time when orphan detection is started.This issue is expected to be resolved in a future release.
- 1017256 - Incorrectly calculated transaction statistics when recovery proceeds
- This release of JBoss EAP 6 carries a bug that shows incorrect transaction statistics when recovery is used when processing in-doubt prepared transactions.The total count of processed transaction is incorrectly increased prior to a crash of the server and also when the recovery fixes the in-doubt state after the server is restarted. In these cases, a transaction could be counted twice.This issue is under investingation and is expected to be resolved in a future release of the product.
- 1077156 - Not possible to start XST transaction on IPv6 with server bound to ::1
- In this release of JBoss EAP 6, it is not possible to start an XST transaction on IPv6 with a server bound to address
::1. This is because this part of the address must be wrapped in square brackets;
[::1].This issue is expected to be resolved in the next release of the product.
- 1113225 - CMR: TX log does not show participants after crash.
- This release of JBoss EAP 6 carries a bug the prevents participants from appearing in the TX log after a crash.If the server crashes on the exit of the
CommitMarkableResourceRecord.commitmethod (and if Periodic Recovery is paused during the reboot), the TX log will not show the participants expected to appear there.This issue is under investigation.
- 1076439 - NIO2 Connector is not properly reloaded during reload operation on IBM 1.7 JDK
- If this release of JBoss EAP 6 is started on IBM JDK 1.7 and an attempt is made to reload the server, following error message appears in logs.
ERROR [org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11NioProtocol] (MSC service thread 1-6) JBWEB003043: Error initializing endpoint: java.net.BindException: Address already in useThis error is caused by an issue with the IBM JDK which results in the NIO2 connector not reloading properly and the original remaining running. To work around this issue, either use different connector (note that each connector has its own capabilities) or use a different JDK.This issue is expected to be resolved in a future release of the product.
- 918130 - JBossWeb connectors start before application deployments are completed in EAP 6
- A timing issue with JBossWeb connectors on startup has been discovered, in which the connectors start and accept requests before applications are fully deployed. In these circumstances, client connections via either a load balancer or direct to JBoss EAP are returned a
404message. This issue affects JBoss EAP versions 6.0.1 and greater. No workaround is available but the issue is under investigation.
- 1017655 - Web services configuration validation errors
- In this release of JBoss EAP 6, invalid values for WSDL Host, WSDL Port and WSDL Secure Port under Profiles > Web > Web Services are not rejected by the web console.Some invalid values cause an error message, while others are ignored without showing an error message. None of the invalid values are stored in the configuration.This issue will be resolved in a future release of the product.
- 1051991 - JMS destination statistics weren't shown on the admin console
- This release of JBoss EAP 6 carries a bug that prevent the Admin Console from displaying the correct number of JMS destinations. The figure is always displayed as
0.This issue is expected to be resolved in a future release of the product.
- 1027586 - RBAC: Web console is too coarse-grained with application resources
- In this release of JBoss EAP 6, when a resource is defined as an application resource, the console may not reflect that definition. This is because the console often groups several resources under one view. The controls in the views are available if all related resources are writable. If any of these resources is configured as an application resource, however, the related controls will still be disabled.The current workaround is to, if possible, configure all resource types associated with a subsystem as application resources.
- 1029851 - management console - even after cancel the process to upload a deployment file, the content is added to data directory
- A Known Issue exists in this release of JBoss EAP 6 that causes the upload of files through the Manage Deployments screen to complete, even if the upload is cancelled by the user.Cancelling the operation results in the uploaded file being added to the data directory, but prevents it being added as a deployment to the domain.xml file. This means that the file cannot be removed through either the CLI or Web management interfaces.This issue will be addressed in a future release of the product.
- 1026823 - Provide a reliable way to clear "ROLE" headers set by "Run as" dialog
- In this release of JBoss EAP 6, it has been reported that when a SuperUser acts of behalf of another user (with the Run As... link), their role is not reset after the action is taken.The workaround for this issue is to close the browser window (not just the active tab) and re-accessing the Web Console. This issue will be addressed in a future release of teh product.
- 1014048 - RBAC: Log in right after log out wont clear UI properly in domain mode
- In some cases, when logging out of the Web Console, the console is partially rendered before logging in as another user. This leads to "mixed" content where parts of the screen are rendered as if the old user was logged in and parts of the screen as the new user was logged in.This issue is not a security risk and no sensitive data will be revealed.As a workaround, close the browser window (not just the active tab) and log in as the new user.
- 1111046 - Empty response returned when SOAP Fault is thrown from an endpoint having WS-Security Policy Signature profile
- This release of JBoss EAP 6 contains a bug that causes a web service that has a WS-Security Signature policy in its WSDL to return an empty HTTP response that has zero-length of content to client when throws a SOAP Fault instead of the actual SOAP Fault.This issue presents only when Signature policy is in use.This is expected to be resolved in a future release of the product.
- 1079049 - Problem using @SchemaValidation in combination with wsrm 1.1
- If a client sends a WS-RM 1.1 message that references
CreateSequenceto an endpoint that utilizes WS-RM along with schema validation, the application throws the following error:
Unmarshalling Error: cvc-elt.1: Cannot find the declaration of element 'CreateSequence'.
CreateSequenceis not found in the
org.apache.xerces.impl.xs.XMLSchemaLoaderbecause CXF and JBossWS do not yet fully support WS-RM 1.1.
- 1074368 - Schema element generated from exception class doesn't honor @XmlElement annotation
- A bug has been found in this release of JBoss EAP 6 wherein Schema generated from exception classes do not honor the @XmlElement annotation. This issue will be resolved in a future release of the product.
- 1103847 - Java First WS-Policy duplicate PolicyReferences when using annotations and no separate Java Interface
- A bug in the CXF component shipped with JBoss EAP 6 causes
PolicyReferencesto be duplicated when using Java First WS-Policy Annotations (such as @Policies). The resulting WSDL generates multiple PolicyReference elements when there is no separate Java interface.This issue is expected to be resolved in a future release of the product.
- 1121223 - [CXF-5892] Ensure EncryptedKey references BinarySecurityToken before it
- In this release of JBoss EAP 6, CXF places the
BinarySecurityTokenreferenced by the EncryptedKey element after the EncryptedKey element when the WSS timestamp is not included in the SOAP message.This can cause receivers that expect the
BinarySecurityTokenreferenced by the EncryptedKey to be above the EncryptedKey element to fail as they have not processed the
BinarySecurityTokenwhen attempting to look it up while processing the EncryptedKey element.This issue is expected to be resolved in a future release of the product.
- 1115215 - CXF-5679, CXF-5724 - WS-S after upgrade fails with org.apache.ws.security.WSSecurityException: The signature or decryption was invalid
- A regression was introduced in CXF 2.7.10 which failed with the following error:
org.apache.ws.security.WSSecurityException: The signature or decryption was invalidThis will be resolved in a future release of the product.
- 1085427 - StickySessions don't work for ProxyPass from unenabled context
- This release of JBoss EAP 6 carries a bug that prevents StickySessions from working for ProxyPass from unenabled context. This issue is expected to be resolved in a future release.
- 1044879 - If "Balancer name includes" uppercase latter in name then modcluster will not maintain sticky sessions
- An issue in JBoss EAP 6 prevents the modcluster module from maintaining sticky sessions if upper-case letters are used for naming load balancers.The issue causes requests for a particular session to be routed to a different node and not the node which serviced the first request for that session.This is because EAP 6 does not support upper-case letters for naming load balancers as load balancer names are similar to host-names in a URL.The modcluster module can maintain sticky sessions if lower-case letters are used for naming all the load balancers in the module.
- 900047 - SystemMemoryUsageLoadMetric is not correct on Linux/Unix
SystemMemoryUsageLoadMetricdoes not show useful information on Linux or UNIX operating systems. For these systems,
HeapMemoryUsageLoadMetricprovides more useful information. The solution to this problem will be to change the algorithm of
SystemMemoryUsageLoadMetricto subtract the
buffers/cachevalue from the
usednumber. The best method for doing this is under investigation.
Apache Server (httpd) and Connectors
- 1125829 - Missing httpd module mod_snmp for RHEL6, RHEL7 with PPC64 architecture
- In this release of JBoss EAP 6, mod_snmp libraries will not be provided for PPC64 platform (RHEL6, RHEL7).
- 900620 - APR natives are not being loaded if UAC is in place (Windows Server 2008 R2)
- On Microsoft Windows servers, Apache portable runtime (APR) libraries will fail to load with User Account Control (UAC) enabled. After installing the libraries, an administrator user will need to right-click the JBoss directory and set "Full control" to "Allow" for the desired user in the Properties -> Security tab. This will correct the access rights for UAC.
- 1125833 - File snmpd.conf.sample is missing in zip for RHEL7-x86_64 platform
- The file
snmpd.conf.sampleis missing in the
Apache HTTP Server for RHEL 7 x86_64zip archive.As a workaround, you can download the missing
snmpd.conf.samplefrom the attachments in https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1125833.
- 1122799 - Path in mod_snmp.conf.sample is not updated by postinstall script
- This release of JBoss EAP 6 carries a but wherein the path in
mod_snmp.conf.sampleis not updated by the postinstall script.After installation the path still contains the
SNMPConf "@installroot@/etc/httpd/conf.d/snmpd"A workaround to this issue is to modify the
mod_snmp.conf.samplefile manually.This issue will be resolved in a future release.
Apache Server (httpd) and Connectors,Documentation
- 900580 - httpd: libaprutil-1.so.0: file too short
- Apache portable runtime (APR) binaries are not natively packaged as part of JBoss Enterprise Application Platform, or JBoss Enterprise Web Server, for Red Hat Enterprise Linux. Symlinks are used to reference the base Red Hat Enterprise Linux libraries. This can result in an issue with unresolvable symlinks when trying to use APR binaries if the following packages are not installed:
apr-util-devel.The fix for this issue will be shipped in a future Red Hat Enterprise Linux APR update.
- 971679 - Problem when undeploying application with already initialized interval EJB Timer
- When shutting down an EAP instance with a deployed application that uses an EJB interval timer, an
EJBComponentUnavailableExceptionmight occasionaly appear in the server log containing the text "Formatting error" or "Error invoking timeout for timer".This issue occurs because JBoss EAP 6 does not wait for all requests to be done when shutting down.There is no workaround to eliminate these errors, however they do not present any negative impact on the product.
- 1114061 - ejb-jar.xml interceptor-binding does not accept "*"
- In this release of JBoss EAP 6, due to too strict checks, default EJB interceptors require an interceptors definition along with a declaration as part of assembly-descriptor.
- 923836 - remote:// protocol does not work over SSL with IBM JDK
- There is a Known Issue in this release of JBoss EAP 6 wherein the remote naming lookup fails intermittently on an IBM JDK with the following exception:
org.jboss.remoting3.NotOpenException: Endpoint is not open.This issue appears to present when the client uses the IBM JDK. In instances where the server is on the IBM JDK and the and the client uses another JDK, the issue does not present.The issue is being investigated for a resolution.
- 1069591 - ERROR: remote lookup Channel end notification received, closing channel Channel ID is seen when looking up a remote queue
- When performing a lookup on a remote queue from within an EJB, although the operation executes successfully, after the context is closed the following error is displayed:
Channel end notification received, closing channel Channel ID b8e969d6 (outbound) of Remoting connection 4970f4db to DEVPC016970/10.23.132.245:5301This issue will fixed in a future update.
- 952746 - Fix transaction recovery failures involving remote EJB resource
- In this release of JBoss EAP 6, transaction recovery operations can fail if they involve remote EJB resources that may have crashed.The issue presents because when a connection breaks down between the server and the client (specifically when the client crashes and is restarted); the server and the client will not automatically communicate with each other.In these scenarios, the server will have no knowledge that the client has started again, effectively meaning that the EJB tx recovery process will not know which EJB nodes to communicate with.This issue is under investigation and a solution is being developed.
- 900564 - Wrong format of IPv6 addresses in log entries
- IPv6 addresses should be formatted with square brackets ([ and ]) around them, such as in
http://[2620:52:0:105f::ffff:2]:9990. The brackets are missing in the log files for JBoss EAP 6. This issue is expected to be fixed in a future release.
- 900609 - Opened IPv4 sockets on Windows when server is bound to IPv6
- If JBoss EAP 6 is started in Microsoft Windows Server with the IPv4 stack disabled and the IPv6 stack enabled, IPv4 sockets are still opened. This issue is still under investigation.
- 952518 - run-as does not work for Servlet init() and destroy() methods
- In JBoss EAP 6 there exists an issue where the
run-asidentity is not being used for
Servlet.init(), which is contrary to the Java Servlet 2.4 specification.This is caused by the
RunAsListenernot existing in JBoss EAP 6 as it did previously in JBoss EAP 5.To workaround this issue, establish a security context within the servlet's
init()method that invokes the secured EJB. This can be accomplished using the approaches described in A10 and A23 of the JBoss Security FAQ, available at https://community.jboss.org/wiki/SecurityFAQThis issue is expected to be fixed in a future release.
Web Console - UX
- 1016546 - RBAC: [Usability] Unclear error message when trying to configure Auditor role as Administrator
- In this release of JBoss EAP 6, if a user attempts to perform an operation which they do not have permission to execute, they will recieve the error following error message:You don't have the permissions to access this resource!This can be confusing to users as they are attempting to perform an operation, not attempting to access a resource. This error text will be clarified in a future release of the product.
- 1065128 - Performance issue with Xalan transformer and very large text nodes
- A bug has been found in this release of JBoss EAP 6 that causes performance issues when attempting to convert large text nodes using the Xalan Transformer. When using the Transfomer to convert a StreamSource to DOMResult, the performance of the Transformer decreases as the size of the character data increases. This is a Known Issue and will be corrected in a later release of the product.
- 1002518 - Generic resource adapter doesn't allow to use XAConnectionFactory instances of TIBCO EMS for non-transaction operations
- In this release of JBoss EAP 6, when a session is created in a transaction context like:
IllegalArgumentExceptionoccurs.This is because generic RA does not ignore parameters passed to createSession where first sets session not transacted and second to mode transacted session (0).To avoid this issue, create a transacted session: