- 1025023 - Add configuration option to enable/disable Infinispan statistics
- This release of EAP 6 includes an enhancement to the clustering system. The Infinispan subsystem can automatically gather usage statistics. It is possible to enable or disable statistics explicitly per cache container and per cache.These statistics can help profile and debug applications and caches, however their use incurs a small overhead. They are disabled by default and can be enabled if needed.
- 1052187 - Make FACILITY for audit log over syslog configurable in the management model
- In previous versions of JBoss EAP 6 the audity log
syslog-handler's facility was not configurable in the management console and a default facility was used. The facility has been exposed in this release of the product as part of the
core-service=management/access=audit/syslog-handler=*resource and can now be configured as required.
- 1053355 - Make appName for audit log over syslog configurable in the management model
- Previous versions of JBoss EAP 6 did not allow application names to be configurable in the management model.As a consequence, a default appName was used.In this release of the product, the application name has been exposed as part of the
core-service=management/access=audit/syslog-handler=*resource and the name is now configurable.
- 976228 - Operation which require server reload should check if something was changed
- In earlier versions of JBoss EAP 6, some operations which did not effectively change the status of the server would put it in reload-required mode.The was because the system did not check if the operation would effectively change the configuration.In this release, if checks confirm that the configuration of the server was not changed by the operation, a reload is not required. This change does not cover every possible case.
- 1044772 - ldap group loading doesn't log anything
- In previous versions of JBoss EAP 6 TRACE and DEBUG logging had not been added to the LDAP interactions within the security realms. This made diagnosing authentication issues where LDAP is in use extremely difficult as no logging was available.Verbose TRACE logging for the loading of groups has been added in this release and is now logged to the
org.jboss.as.domain.management.securitycategory. This new logging has been limited to the TRACE level due to the verbosity at the DEBUG level.Customers can now use these logs to diagnose LDAP related issues with security realms.
- 985793 - Allow property substitution in MDB via ctivationConfigProperty Annotation
- This release of JBoss EAP 6 allows property substitution in Message Driven Beans via ActivationConfigProperty Annotation.Refer to the chapter on Message-Driven Beans in the EAP 6.3
Developer Guidefor more information.
- 996767 - [HHH-8440] Add SQLServer2012Dialect in Hibernate
- The Hibernate component in JBoss EAP 6 has been updated to provided support for features introduced in MySQL 2012. Users can now utilize features such as SEQUENCE object creation.
- 1089853 - Implement sync of counters for non transactional sends
- This release of JBoss EAP 6 contains an enhancement with an increase in the number of checks performed to guarantee the page counter is synced properly. This enhancement was added as it was found that, in earlier versions of the product, the page counter could get out of sync between paged messages and what was stored on the journal which could lead to negative delivering numbers. The extra checks prevent this from happening.
- 1035325 - Don't print IzPack variables to console.
- In this release of JBoss EAP 6, the installer will no longer log all of IzPack's internal variables to the console. They are now only logged within the log file.
- 1027655 - Allow user to configure more than one module-option for Security-Domain
- In older releases of JBoss EAP 6, only a single login-module could be added to the new security-domain.This release contains an enhancement to allow an arbitrary number of login-modules to be created. Users can now create multiple login-modules in their new security domain.
- 1048942 - Add option to automatically configure the Maven settings to use the public repository
- In this release of JBoss EAP 6 the Maven settings.xml configuration panel UI has been reconfigured.The defaults have been made more intuitive and the panel now displays information in a clearer way.
- 1019069 - Messaging XSD is missing description of attributes
- In this release of JBoss EAP 6, the XML schema for the messaging subsystem is annotated with descriptions of the attributes and types. This enhancement is intended to help developers write the corresponding XML configuration.
- 1014099 - WARN HQ222180: There are no queues bound into Dead Letter Address jms.queue.DLQ. Messages will ... during start
- This release of JBoss EAP 6 includes an enhancement to the messaging subsystem configuration which now includes two JMS queues for the dead letter queue and the expiry queue.In older releases the default address settings were configured to send expired messages to an expiry address and undelivered messages to a dead letter address. However there were no queues bound to theses address and it resulted in message loss preventing administrators to examine these messages and diagnostic potential application issues.Expired messages will now be stored in the DLQ queue and undelivered messages will now be stored in the ExpiryQueue.
- 994661 - Custom logging formatters
- This release of JBoss EAP 6 introduces the ability for users to create custom logging formatters for use in any handler via the command line interface or configuration XML. Handlers now override
setFormatter(...)and use the custom formatter.
- 1084594 - Backport PLINK-313
- A new feature has been introduced into the PicketLink component in this version of JBoss EAP 6. In this release IDP is now configurable to sign assertions.
- 1084601 - Backport PLINK-405
- A new feature has been incorporated into the PicketLink component of this version of JBoss EAP 6. In this release the the principal that gets sent to the AttributeManager has been made configurable.When using PicketLink with JBoss Negotiation, the principal that is sent to the AttributeManager is a hashed string and not the username. This can result failed lookups if the mapping provider uses the principal to look up any attributes.The ability to configure the principle ameliorates this issue.
- 1084589 - Backport PLINK-146
- A new feature has been introduced into the PicketLink component in this version of JBoss EAP 6. The
XMLSignatureUtilcan now allow KeyInfo to use X509 if desired.
- 1085534 - Backport PLINK-407
- An update to this release of JBoss EAP 6 introduces an upstream PicketLink feature that allows the
characterEncodingparameter to be used for requests in
- Features have been added in this version of JBoss EAP 6 that allow users to improve the security of passwords and other sensitive strings used in configuration files.These include the ability to use your own implementation of
SecurityVaultto mask passwords and other sensitive attributes in configuration files, and password vault support for SSL connections used by the CLI Console configuration file (
jboss-cli.xml).Please refer to the Security Guide for documentation on using these new features.
- 900786 - Add a redirect-port from socket-binding to the web connector config
- In releases of JBoss EAP prior to 6.3 socket-binding could not be used to define the redirect-port.That ability has been added in this release of the product and users can now use the new attribute redirect-binding of the connector element to define the redirect port instead of using the redirect-port attribute. This new attribute takes a socket binding name as value.
- 987259 - hot-standby for mod_cluster
- This release of JBoss EAP 6 introduces a hot-standby feature to mod_cluster.