14.4.2. Installing Patches in Zip Form Using the patch Command
This task describes how to use the
patch command to install patches for JBoss EAP 6 that are in the zip format.
patchcommand is a feature that was added in JBoss EAP 6.2. For versions of JBoss EAP prior to 6.2, the process to install patches in zip form is different, and you should instead refer to the relevant version's documentation available at https://access.redhat.com/site/documentation/.
- Valid access and subscription to the Red Hat Customer Portal.
- A current subscription to a JBoss product installed in zip format.
- Access to the Management CLI for the server instance to be updated. Refer to Launch the Management CLI in the Administration and Configuration Guide.
Procedure 14.2. Apply a zip patch to a JBoss EAP 6 server instance using the
Before installing a patch, you should backup your JBoss product along with all customized configuration files.
- Download the patch zip file from the Customer Portal at https://access.redhat.com/downloads/
- From the Management CLI, apply the patch with the following command with the appropriate path to the patch file:
patch apply /path/to/downloaded-patch.zipThe
patchtool will warn if there are any conflicts in attempting the apply the patch. Refer to Section 14.4.1, “The
patchCommand” for available switches to re-run the command to resolve any conflicts.
- Restart the JBoss EAP 6 server instance for the patch to take effect:
The JBoss EAP 6 server instance is patched with the latest update.