14.5. Install Patches in RPM form
JBoss patches are distributed in two forms: ZIP (for all products) and RPM (for a subset of products). This task describes the steps you need to take to install the patches via the RPM format.
- A valid subscription to the Red Hat Network.
- A current subscription to a JBoss product installed via an RPM package.
Procedure 14.4. Apply a patch to a JBoss product via the RPM method
Security updates for JBoss products are provided by errata (for both zip and RPM methods). The errata encapsulates a list of the resolved flaws, their severity ratings, the affected products, textual description of the flaws, and a reference to the patches.
For RPM distributions of JBoss products, the errata include references to the updated RPM packages. The patch can be installed by using
Before installing a patch, you must backup your JBoss product along with all customized configuration files.
- Get notified about the security patch either via being a subscriber to the JBoss watch mailing list or by browsing the JBoss watch mailing list archives.
- Read the errata for the security patch and confirm that it applies to a JBoss product in your environment.
- If the security patch applies to a JBoss product in your environment, then follow the link to download the updated RPM package which is included in the errata.
to install the patch.
ImportantWhen updating an RPM installation, your JBoss product is updated cumulatively with all RPM-released fixes.
The JBoss product is patched with the latest update using the RPM format.