5.3. Install Patches in zip form
JBoss security patches are distributed in two forms: zip (for all products) and RPM (for a subset of products). JBoss bug fix patches are only distributed in zip format. This task describes the steps you need to take to install the patches (security or bug fixes) via the zip format.
- Valid access and subscription to the Red Hat Customer Portal.
- A current subscription to a JBoss product installed in a zip format.
Procedure 5.2. Apply a patch to a JBoss product via the zip method
- Get notified about the security patch either via being a subscriber to the JBoss watch mailing list or by browsing the JBoss watch mailing list archives.
NoteOnly security patches are announced on the JBoss watch mailing list.
- Read the errata for the security patch and confirm that it applies to a JBoss product in your environment.
- If the security patch applies to a JBoss product in your enviornment, then follow the link to download the patch from the Red Hat Customer Portal.
- The downloadable zip file from the customer portal will contain all the files required to fix the security issue or bug. Download this patch zip file in the same location as your JBoss product.
- Unzip the patch file in the same location where the JBoss product is installed. The patched versions overwrite the existing files.
The JBoss product is patched with the latest update using the zip format.