5.4. Install Patches in RPM form
JBoss patches are distributed in two forms: ZIP (for all products) and RPM (for a subset of products). This task describes the steps you need to take to install the patches via the RPM format. This RPM update method is used to ship security asynchronous patches and macro/minor/major product updates only.
- A valid subscription to the Red Hat Network.
- A current subscription to a JBoss product installed via an RPM package.
Procedure 5.3. Apply a patch to a JBoss product via the RPM method
- Get notified about the security patch either via being a subscriber to the JBoss watch mailing list or by browsing the JBoss watch mailing list archives.
- Read the errata for the security patch and confirm that it applies to a JBoss product in your environment.
- If the security patch applies to a JBoss product in your environment, then follow the link to download the updated RPM package which is included in the errata.
or a similar command to install the patch.
The JBoss product is patched with the latest update using the RPM format.