4.2. Upgrade the JBoss EAP 6 RPM Installation
Upgrading to the latest release of JBoss EAP 6 requires some initial work to back up the existing installation. This topic covers upgrading the RPM installation via the Red Hat Network (RHN).
- Ensure that the base operating system is up to date and that the system is subscribed and enabled to get updates for the Base OS channel.
- Ensure that the correct JBoss EAP 6 RHN channel is enabled. For example, on a x86, 64 bit architecture, this will be the JBoss Application Platform (v 6) for 6Server x86_64 channel (
- Back up any modified configuration files, deployments, and all user data.
Procedure 4.2. Upgrade to the latest JBoss EAP 6 release
- Run the following command in a terminal to upgrade the installation:
[user@host] yum update
- Manually merge each created
*.rpmnewfile that contains changes into the production configuration files.
JBoss EAP 6 has been successfully upgraded.