2.2.6. About Maven Repository Managers
- They provide the ability to configure proxies between your organization and remote Maven repositories. This provides a number of benefits, including faster and more efficient deployments and a better level of control over what is downloaded by Maven.
- They provide deployment destinations for your own generated artifacts, allowing collaboration between different development teams across an organization.
Commonly used Maven repository managers
- Sonatype Nexus
- See Sonatype Nexus: Manage Artifacts for more information about Nexus.
- See Artifactory Open Source for more information about Artifactory.
- Apache Archiva
- See Apache Archiva: The Build Artifact Repository Manager for more information about Apache Archiva.