16.5. Web, HTTP Connectors, and HTTP Clustering
16.5.1. About the
mod_cluster HTTP Connector
- mod_cluster Management Protocol (MCMP) is an additional connection between the application server nodes and httpd, used by application server nodes to transmit server-side load balance factors and lifecycle events back to the web container via a custom set of HTTP methods.
- Dynamic configuration of HTTPD proxies allows JBoss EAP 6 to adapt on the fly, with no additional configuration.
- The application servers perform the load-balancing factor calculations. This makes load balancing metrics more accurate than other connectors.
- mod_cluster gives fine-grained application lifecycle control. Each server forwards any web application context lifecycle events to the proxy, informing it to start or stop routing requests for a given context in the server. This prevents end users from seeing 404 errors due to unavailable resources.
- AJP, HTTP or HTTPS with mod_cluster and Apache HTTP can be used.