6.2.2. Install a JDBC Driver as a Core Module
Before performing this task, you need to meet the following prerequisites:
- Download the JDBC driver from your database vendor. JDBC driver download locations are listed here: Section 6.2.3, “JDBC Driver Download Locations”.
- Extract the archive.
Procedure 6.2. Install a JDBC Driver as a Core Module
- Create a file path structure under the
EAP_HOME/modules/directory. For example, for a MySQL JDBC driver, create a directory structure as follows:
- Copy the JDBC driver JAR into the
- In the
main/subdirectory, create a
module.xmlfile similar to the example in Section 7.1.1, “Modules”. The
moduleXSD is defined in the
- Start the Server.
- Start the Management CLI.
- Run the following CLI command to add the JDBC driver module as a driver:
Example 6.1. Example CLI Command
The JDBC driver is now installed and set up as a core module, and is available to be referenced by application datasources.