Language and Page Formatting Options
20.3. Deploy a Resource Adapter
Resource adapters can be deployed to JBoss EAP 6 using the Management CLI tool, the Web-based Management Console, or by manually copying the files. The process is the same as other deployable artifacts.
Procedure 20.2. Deploy a resource adapter using the Management CLI
- Open a command prompt for your operating system.
- Connect to the Management CLI.
- For Linux, enter the following at the command line:
$ EAP_HOME/bin/jboss-cli.sh --connect $ Connected to standalone controller at localhost:9999
- For Windows, enter the following at a command line:
C:\>EAP_HOME\bin\jboss-cli.bat --connect C:\> Connected to standalone controller at localhost:9999
- Deploy the resource adapter.
- To deploy the resource adapter to a standalone server, enter the following at a command line:
$ deploy path/to/resource-adapter-name.rar
- To deploy the resource adapter to all server groups in a managed domain, enter the following at a command line:
$ deploy path/to/resource-adapter-name.rar --all-server-groups
Procedure 20.3. Deploy a resource adapter using the Web-based Management Console
- Start your JBoss EAP 6 server.
- If you have not yet added a management user, add one now. For more information, refer to the Getting Started chapter of the Installation guide for JBoss EAP 6. Section 4.1.1, “Add the Initial User for the Management Interfaces”
- Click on the Runtime link on the top right to switch to the Runtime view, then choose Manage Deployments in the left navigation panel, and click Add Content at the top right.
- Browse to the resource adapter archive and select it. Then click Next.
- Verify the deployment names, then click Save.
- The resource adapter archive should now appear in the list in a disabled state. Click the Enable link to enable it.
- A dialog asks "Are you sure?" you want to enable the listed RAR. Click Confirm. The resource adapter archive should now appear as
Procedure 20.4. Deploy a resource adapter manually
- Copy the resource adapter archive to the server deployments directory,
- For a standalone server, copy the resource adapter archive to the
- For a managed domain, you must use the Management Console or Managment CLI to deploy the resource adapter archive to the server groups.