13.2. Configure Logging in the Management Console
The management console provides a graphical user interface for the configuration of the root logger, log handlers, and log categories. You can find the logger configuration in the management console by following these steps:
You can access this configuration by following steps below:
- Login to the Management Console
- Navigate to the logging subsystem configuration. This step varies between servers running as standalone servers and servers running in a managed domain.
Standalone ServerClick on Profile, expand Core in the Profile pane, and then click on Logging.
Managed DomainClick on Profile, select the profile to edit, expand Core, and then click on Logging.
Figure 13.1. Logging Configuration in the Management Console
The tasks you can perform to configure the root logger are:
- Edit the log level.
- Add and remove log handlers.
The tasks you can perform to configure log categories are:
- Add and remove log categories.
- Edit log category properties.
- Add and remove log handlers from a category.
The main tasks you can perform to configure log handlers are:
- Adding new handlers.
- Configuring handlers.
All six supported log handlers (including custom) can be configured in the management console.