6.1.0 Release Notes
New Features, Known Issues, and Support Information for JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 6.1.0
6.0.1. When upgrading from
6.0.0please also refer to the
6.0.1release notes for a complete list of changes.
1.1. Providing Feedback
JBoss Enterprise Application Platform, version
6.1.0, and component
documentation-6.1.0_Release_Notes. For your convenience, you can use the following URL, which fills in the product, version, and component automatically: https://bugzilla.redhat.com/enter_bug.cgi?component=doc%20-%20release%20notes&product=JBoss%20Enterprise%20Application%20Platform%206&version=6.1.0
2. New Features
- Global Valves in JBoss Web
- JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 5 offered the capability to configure a global valve for the web container. In 6.0 it was only possible to configure a valve on a single application basis. For JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 6.1 the global valve capability has been restored.
- Improved Initial Context options for EJB Clients
- JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 6.1 provides a method to configure an InitialContext with a Map and create an EjbClientContext scoped to this particular InitialContext. The method also enables this configuration without dependencies on JBoss specific classes.
- Passing Additional Information to the Authorization Module
- In JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 6.0 it was not possible to pass additional information to the authorization module, as Java EE Interceptors were not called until after the container interceptors, including the login module, were called. JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 6.1 has added the capability to inject Java EE Interceptors into the container interceptor chain.
- Security Context Propagation and User Switching
- JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 6.1 is providing Quickstarts to demonstrate to following capabilities:
ejb-security-interceptors- Demonstrates how interceptors can be used to switch the identity for EJB calls on a call by call basis.
ejb-security-interceptors- Demonstrates how Interceptors can now be injected into the server's interceptor chain to propagate security contexts from one EJB to another, and switch users of an EJB.
- Enhanced System Property Substitution
- JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 6.0.0 included property substitution as a capability of the attributes of the configuration, but the number of properties that were supported was limited. For JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 6.1 the number of attributes enabled for substitution has increased.
- Deterministic Column Names with Hibernate
- In earlier versions Hibernate was not using a deterministic algorithm to generate column aliases, limiting the benefit derived from the database cache. Aliases are now consistently named.
- HornetQ In-Memory Message Replication
- HornetQ now offers High Availability via in memory message replication in addition to the existing shared storage option.
- Deployment Overlays
- JBoss EAP now offers the capability to override the deployment descriptors provided with a deployment with alternative descriptors at deploy time.
3. Features Provided as Tech Preview Only
- HornetQ discovery via JGroups
- HornetQ now offers dynamic discovery of server connection settings via UDP and JGroups.
- WS-Trust/STS with JBoss Web Services
- JBoss Web Services now exposes WS-Trust/STS capabilities from the underlying CXF implementation.
- JBoss CLI Silent Mode
- A 'Silent Mode' has been added to the CommandContext API for processes embedding the CLI.
- Adding Modules with JBoss CLI
- The CLI offers a new commands to add and remove modules.
- Syslog Handler Configuration
- EAP now provides a handler and configuration for the syslog protocol.
- New Hibernate Batch Loading Algorithms
- Hibernate has added two batch loading algorithms to the existing Legacy algorithm, Dynamic and Padded.
- Hibernate - Improved Second Level Caching of Object References for Non-Mutable Data
- Hibernate - Improved and Expanded Bytecode Enhancement Support
- WS-AT/XA Bridge
- The WS-AT/XA transaction bridge functionality is provided as a technology preview only, and is not supported in a production environment.
- RestEasy validation with the Hibernate Validator
- RestEasy now delivers a validation provider to support the Hibernate Validator delivered with JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 6.
- Restored ServiceMBean helper classes
org.jboss.as.system-jmxhas been introduced to restore helper classes available in earlier versions of JBoss Enterprise Application Platform that assist users in creating MBeans.
- This feature enables a user to replace the JSF implementation provided with EAP with a user supplied JSF implementation.
- JDBC Store for Transactions
- JBoss Transactions can now be configured to use a JDBC database as it's store. This is enabled in the Transactions Subsystem by setting the following two attributes using the CLI tool.
The complete set of attributes is provided below.
jdbc-store-datasourceto the JNDI name for the data source to use.
Table 1. Transactions JDBC Store Properties
use-jdbc-storeSet this to "true" to enable the JDBC store for transactions.
jdbc-store-datasourceThe JNDI name of the JDBC datasource used for storage.
jdbc-action-store-drop-tableDrop and recreate the action store tables at launch. Optional, defaults to "false".
jdbc-action-store-table-prefixThe prefix for the action store table names. Optional.
jdbc-communication-store-drop-tableDrop and recreate the communication store tables at launch. Optional, defaults to "false".
jdbc-communication-store-table-prefixThe prefix for the communication store table names. Optional.
jdbc-state-store-drop-tableDrop and recreate the state store tables at launch. Optional, defaults to "false".
jdbc-state-store-table-prefixThe prefix for the state store table names. Optional.
4. Unsupported Features
- Infinispan API
- The direct use of the Infinispan API is not supported in JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 6. Infinispan is used as an implementation detail for various clustering technologies internal to JBoss Enterprise Application Platform. Direct use of the Infinispan API requires a subscription to JBoss Data Grid.
- IPv6 Limitations of JDK 6
- The following IPv6 limitations are caused by JDK 6, and are not defects in JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 6.
- On Microsoft Windows Server, JDK 6 has only a partial IPv6 implementation. This implementation is not sufficient to run JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 6. Full IPv6 support on Microsoft Windows Server requires JDK 7.
- On Red Hat Enterprise Linux, a bug in Oracle JDK 6 means that any address specified on a client (the network point establishing the connection) which contains a
zone-idwill fail. To use a
zone-id, either upgrade to JDK 7, or use IcedTea/OpenJDK 6, which is available for Red Hat Enterprise Linux, and does not exhibit this bug. For more information about the bug, refer to http://bugs.sun.com/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=6800096 and https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBPAPP-8833.
- JPA 2.0 Context Propagation Outside of a JTA Transaction
- The propagation of Extended Persistence Contexts (XPC) was not taking into account the existence of a transaction, with the XPC always being propagated. That behaviour is not in accordance with the JPA 2.0 specification. The handling of XPC has been modified so that when there is no transaction active the XPC's propagation is ignored and the bean being invoked has its own Persistence Context instead of the XPC.If your application expects extended persistence contexts to be propagated outside of JTA transactions, you need to consider if your application needs to be modified. Refer to the JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 6 Migration Guide for instructions on updating your application.JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 5 provided a system property (
JBPAPP-923.alwaysPropagate) to enable this behaviour. This system property is not available in JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 6.For more information about this decision, refer to https://issues.jboss.org/browse/AS7-1663.
- PicketLink IDM
- The PicketLink IDM (Identity Management) is not supported in JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 6.
- PicketLink STS
- PicketLink STS (Security Token Service) is not supported in JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 6.
- Tanuki Service Wrapper
- The Tanuki Service Wrapper is not supported with JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 6. More information can be found at https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBPAPP-8651.
- XA Recovery on Microsoft SQL Server 2008
- XA recovery does not work with Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R1. This features does work with Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 SP2. For more information refer to the following URLs:
- XA Recovery on MySQL
- The MySQL JDBC driver does not implement XA recovery properly. For more information refer to https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBPAPP-2576.
- JBoss OSGi
- JBoss OSGi, an implementation of the OSGi specification, has been demoted from Technology Preview to Unsupported. For additional information refer to https://access.redhat.com/site/solutions/362814.
- NIO Connectors on HornetQ
- NIO connectors are not supported on JBoss EAP 6.
6. Changes in this release
6.1. Bug Fixes
Apache Server (httpd) and Connectors
- 900363 - JK Status Manager does not work
- Apache mod_jk includes a status manager API. When operations were run with it, the changes were not applied, whether initiated via the API or the JK Status Manager web interface. This was due to an error with shared memory synchronization. The root cause has now been fixed so that operations using the status manager now perform as expected.
- 900392 - Singleton Service could fail with "IllegalStateException: JBAS010350: Expected result from singleton provider only, but instead received 0 results"
SingletonServicesometimes failed with the following output in the log:
IllegalStateException: JBAS010350: Expected result from singleton provider only, but instead received 0 resultsThe error occurred in the
getValueRefmethod and was triggered when a view change occurred because the old master node was stopping and the new one was still starting. To resolve this,
getValueRefhas been changed to retry if no results are returned. The
SingletonServicenow performs as expected.
- 920367 - ClusteredSingleSignOn ClassCastException with non-distributable apps
- 901028 - CLONE AS7-5688 ISPN000136: Execution error: java.lang.NullPointerException -> JBAS018079: Failed to passivate session
- 947420 - Unable to acquire lock after [0 milliseconds] with session passivation on
- 900849 - EAP6 CLI error when data is over 64k
- Any CLI command which returned a String that was over 65535 characters in length would fail with the following error:
Communication error: java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: Operation failedThis was caused by the use of the
java.io.DataOutput.writeUTF()method in the JBoss DMR library. This method throws a
UTFDataFormatExceptionif the string being processed is over 65535 characters in length. The JBoss DMR library was been updated to use an alternative technique to correctly process strings over this length. Any CLI command which returns a string over 65535 characters in length now performs as expected.
- 957171 - Client does not retry the invocation if a node is shutting down or undeploying and an EJB invocation reach the node in that state
- 955506 - Connections not registered correctly for inner TX when Outer TX is suspended,
- 928922 - [AS7-6526] It is difficult to identify an EJB Timer with the logged timer-id, especially if it is non persistent
- 901203 - Remote EJB invocations are read/written out one byte at a time
- 900359 - CLONE - Create subsystem for JMS bridge
- 901137 - Server cannot be shutdowned gracefully when reconnect-attempts is set to -1
- 901177 - HornetQ does not delete message from queue when the message is rolled back and the DLQ is not present
- 913507 - OutOfMemory in SpecJMS2007 satellite driver
- When NIO was enabled on a connector and a very high number of threads was active, an OutOfMemory error could occur. This occurred because NioWorker was not shutdown correctly and so the threads and the memory they were using was not released. The underlying problem with thread handling has been corrected, reducing the risk of an OutOfMemory error.It is recommended that the parameter "use-nio-global-worker-pool" be enabled to minimize the risk of an OutOfMemory error. An example connector configuration is as follows:
<netty-connector name="netty" socket-binding="messaging"> <param key="use-nio" value="true"/> <param key="use-nio-global-worker-pool" value="true"/> </netty-connector>NIO connectors are not supported on JBoss EAP 6.
- 919446 - Replicated journal - Running out of disk space after continuous backup/live switching.
- 957838 - An exception "java.io.NotActiveException: Fields were never written" occurs when FacesMessage object is serialized in JBoss EAP 6.
- The deserialization of
FacesMessageobjects would throw an exception (
java.io.NotActiveException) in some circumstances. This occurred because the
writeFields()methods were not invoked during serialization as required by the JSF specification. These methods are now correctly called during serialization and the deserialization of
FacesMessageobjects now works as expected.
- 901266 - @PreDestroy not called on view scoped managed bean
- The memory used by JSF
ViewScopedbeans was not being reclaimed in some circumstances, resulting in the memory used by the application server increasing over time (a "memory leak"). This was because the
@PreDetroymethod of these beans was not being called when their sessions expired. The JavaServer Faces implementation in JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 6 has been updated to Mojarra 2.1.16 which resolves this issue. When session expiration occurs, the
@PreDestroymethod each of
ViewScopedmanaged bean is now invoked correctly and the resources allocated to each bean is reclaimed.
Scripts and Commands
- 900518 - Jdr script utility isn't able to connect to localhost:9990 at all
- 910322 - Cannot add security role to security-setting using CLI
- When adding a
security-roleusing the CLI or API, it was required that the user specify both the roles that it should have, and all the roles that it should not. This was because the
:addoperation for this resource did not have default values for these parameters. These parameters now default to
false. Adding a role now only requires that you specify the roles that the security-role must have by setting them to
true. All other roles default to
- 901061 - Need similar "DeleteWorkDirOnContextDestroy" configuration in EAP 6 Web Subsystem
- JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 6 did not recompile source JSPs on redeployment unless they were newer than the associated java or class files. Earlier versions of JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 6 did not contain the code to remove the java and class files on undeployment. This meant that if a user attempted to restore sources from an older version of a webapp, the
.classfiles were not removed which prevented the JSPs from being recompiled. The corresponding code has now been added to JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 6 and can be activated through the system property
org.jboss.as.web.deployment.DELETE_WORK_DIR_ONCONTEXTDESTROY. The default for this property is
false. JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 6 users can now use this property to remove
.classfiles to ensure that JSP sources are recompiled.
- 905165 - Method expression parameters causes NPE/MethodNotFoundException
- An Expression Language (EL) method in a JSF page with any arguments set to the value of
nullcause an exception (NullPointerException) to be thrown when invoked. This occurred because the JBoss Web EL parser did not handle the case of an argument being a null value. JBoss Web has been updated to properly handle null values in method expressions. Invoking an EL methods with a null parameter now performs as expected.
6.2. Known Issues
Apache Server (httpd) and Connectors
- 900620 - APR natives are not being loaded if UAC is in place (Windows Server 2008 R2)
- On Windows servers, Apache portable runtime (APR) libraries will fail to load unless a user with administration rights is being used with User Account Control (UAC) disabled.
- 901164 - Stale session data received after failover, sessions are lost
- 900707 - Property substition breaks when the string "localhost" is used as part of the default value
- Property substitution does not work correctly when the string
localhostwas used as part of a default value in the JGroups subsystem configuration. Property substitution is a feature provided for JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 6 subsystems. However not all subsystems have it enabled, and some subsystems (like JGroups) actually do some of their own substitution. However this behaviour is not standardised and differs from the supported subsystem properties. Red Hat recommends not to use property substitution with the JGroups subsystem until this issue is resolved.
- 900378 - CDI beans with SET replication trigger are not replicating
- Due to a bug in the Weld component, the
setAttributemethod is not called correctly. This causes CDI beans with the
SETreplication trigger to fail to be replicated. The workaround is to use the
SET_AND_NON_PRIMITIVE_GETtrigger for these beans. This will be fixed in a future release.
- 900549 - transient "WeldListener: java.lang.NullPointerException" with clustering and session replication
WeldListener: java.lang.NullPointerExceptionis thrown occasionally. The client receives a HTTP response
503, along with the exception text. The cause of this bug is under investigation.
- 900483 - CLONE - Stale session data received when using DIST SYNC on node shutdown
- During testing, a few cases showed that stale session data was received when a node shut down and
DIST ASYNCcache mode was used. This issue is still under investigation.
- 959753 - DIST SYNC: Service jboss.infinispan.web.default-host/XY won't start after node restart with "Initial state transfer timed out"
- 959216 - Cannot send larger messages using Stomp protocol
- 959616 - Deadlock during clean shutdown of backup during activation
- An JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 6 server that is configured as a HornetQ backup server will fail to shutdown in the following situation:
In this scenario the shutdown will result in a deadlock that prevents the shutdown process from completing. Once deadlocked, the server must be forcibly terminated. On Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 this can be done using the
- Message-Driven Beans are locally deployed on the server, and
- the shutdown command is performed during the server’s activation.
kill -9command.To avoid this situation, only attempt to shutdown the server before or after activation, and not during the journal loading process.
- 959789 - HQ core bridge does not failover
- 928400 - pageSize >= maxSize causing inappropriate server state
- 912653 - Clone: Remote JNDI is not working with a HornetQ-only JMS bridge
- 922184 - Replicated journal - NullPointerException on backup side when saving add/commit message to non-existing journal
- 928288 - Replicated Journal - Illegal backup state if network failures present while initial journal replication from live
- 899966 - Problem with Netty on IPv6 link-local addresses
- Due to a JDK bug, if you use link local addresses, zone IDs are used to distinguish which interface is chosen. This problem does not affect global addresses. A workaround will be included in a future version of the Netty component.
Scripts and Commands
- 965315 - jboss-ec2-eap timeout of user script does not work properly
- The timeout feature implemented in the user script on JBoss Enterprise Application Platform's AMI images does not work. If a command in the user script hangs, this will prevent the virtual machine booting successfully. The timeout feature was intended to allow the virtual machine to continue to boot, regardless of a hung user script commmand, allowing diagnostics to be carried out on the user script. The cause of this problem is that the Bash shell does not support job control in non-interactive shells and this feature is required by the timeout implemented in the user script. No workaround is currently available but it is expected to be resolved in the next release.
- 956281 - Starting EAP 6.1 on 32bit jvm can result in failure to start JVM
- On Windows 8 32-bit JVMs, the default max perm gen space setting causes the JVM to not be created, which then prevents the server from starting. To work around this issue, remove the -XX:MaxPermSize=256m parameter from the startup parameters of the JVM. Once this is done the JVM will be created, and the server will start.
- 916960 - Standalone.bat does not work if parentheses are on path to EAP.
- This release of JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 6 has a known issue with the Windows installer and installations to a default directory containing parentheses. For example;
C: Program Files (x86)\jboss-eap-6.1\.In these circumstances the
standalone.batfile may fail with a message
\jboss-eap-6.1 was unexpected at this time.This is because the DOS processor interprets the ending parenthesis in the "echoed" JBoss path name as the end of the preceding
ifstatement.To resolve this issue:
This will ensure the parenthesis are interpreted correctly and the
- Open the
JBOSS_HOME\bin\standalone.batfile in an editor.
- Find the following line:
echo JBOSS_HOME: %JBOSS_HOME%
- Add double-quotes around the
echo JBOSS_HOME: "%JBOSS_HOME%"
standalone.batwill execute successfully.
- 920160 - Unauthorized access to a web application protected with a custom authorization module results in HTTP 200 (OK) instead of HTTP 403 (Forbidden)
- 963277 - Debugging Java Security Managers results in a StackOverflow on boot
- Running with a security manager enabled and
-Djava.security.debug=access:failureresults in a StackOverflow error message and an unbootable JBoss Enterprise Application Platform instance. This problem is caused because the AccessControllercontext’s debug output to the System streams causes an infinite loop while checking permissions. The root cause of this problem has been identified and it is expected to be fixed in a future release.
Apache Server (httpd) and Connectors,Documentation
- 900580 - httpd: libaprutil-1.so.0: file too short
- Apache portable runtime (APR) binaries are not natively packaged as part of JBoss Enterprise Application Platform, or JBoss Enterprise Web Server, for Red Hat Enterprise Linux. Symlinks are used to reference the base Red Hat Enterprise Linux libraries. This can result in an issue with unresolvable symlinks when trying to use APR binaries if the following packages are not installed:
apr-util-devel.The fix for this issue will be shipped in a future Red Hat Enterprise Linux APR update.
- 927895 - META-INF "Dependencies: org.foo.module services" doesn't work for CDI Portable extensions
- A Known Issue exists in this release of JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 6 wherein deployments with dependencies on CDI Portable Extensions delivered within modules will fail to deploy with the following exception:
org.jboss.weld.exceptions.DeploymentException: WELD-001408 Unsatisfied dependencies for type [<Extension Name>]This is because deployments do not load CDI Portable Extensions from modules declared as dependencies.In order for an application to load a CDI Portable Extension defined in a extension JBoss Module, it is not sufficient for the application to declare a dependency on the extension JBoss Module. The application must also declare a dependency on the Portable Extension class in its
- 928444 - Unable to start CLI on windows if parent directory of aesh.log doesn't exist
- The CLI tool fails to launch if the parent directory of its log file does not exist. The CLI throws an exception (
IOException) with with following error message.
java.io.IOException: Couldn't get lock for C:\Users\hudson\AppData\Local\Temp\2\\aesh.logTo avoid this error, ensure that the specified directory exists before launching the CLI tool.
- 900480 - CLONE - Extremely slow response times in Remote EJB invocation on cluster membership change
- On server shutdown or crash, membership changes can take up to one minute to complete. This issue is currently under investigation.
- 923836 - remote:// protocol does not work over SSL with IBM JDK
- There is a Known Issue in this release of JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 6 wherein the remote naming lookup fails intermittently on an IBM JDK with the following exception:
org.jboss.remoting3.NotOpenException: Endpoint is not open.This issue appears to present when the client uses the IBM JDK. In instances where the server is on the IBM JDK and the and the client uses another JDK, the issue does not present.The issue is being investigated for a resolution.
- 962734 - IOException during EJB invocation causes a hang
- If a server-side EJB protocol receiver received invalid message headers from a client, a message similar to the following would be logged, and the client would hang.
15:06:46,092 WARN [org.jboss.as.ejb3] (Remoting "dhcp-4-126" task-4) JBAS014254: Received unsupported message header 0xffffffff on channel Channel ID 0c51fad8 (inbound) of Remoting connection 4589adff to /127.0.0.1:33329When the invalid message header is received and logged, the EJB protocol receiver did not re-enrol itself on the channel, so it would not respond to any further messages. The client would be left waiting for a response which would never be sent because the original message was not processed by the server. No workaround is known for this issue but it is expected to be fixed in a future release.
- 952746 - Fix transaction recovery failures involving remote EJB resource
- 900321 - HHH-7287 Problem in caching proper natural-id-values when obtaining result by naturalIdQuery using NaturalIdLoadAccess
NaturalIdLoadAccessbehaves inconsistently when trying to load entities from the Level Two(L2) Cache after an update of their natural-id values from a non-transactional scenario.Hibernate currently does not support proper L2 caching of entities with natural IDs in scenarios where there is a mix of transactional and non-transactional access to the database.
- 900564 - Wrong format of IPv6 addresses in log entries
- IPv6 addresses should be formatted with square brackets ([ and ]) around them, such as in
http://[2620:52:0:105f::ffff:2]:9990. The brackets are missing in the log files for JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 6. This issue is scheduled to be fixed in a future release.
- 900609 - Opened IPv4 sockets on Windows when server is bound to IPv6
- If JBoss Enterprise Application 6 is started in Microsoft Windows server with the IPv4 stack disabled and the IPv6 stack enabled, IPv4 sockets are still opened. This issue is still under investigation.
- 952277 - disable xa-data-source causes that data-source loses its attribute enabled set to false and after reload it becomes enabled
- 958896 - RESTEasy: Invalid Content-Type in response - Bad behavior when invalid accept header is specified in request header
- 913189 - Backward compatibility for JMS clients with JNDI lookups
- 911496 - Change in module structure prevents JBDS to create an EAP 6.1 server
- 900634 - JBossWS-CXF doesn't send fault message to a FaultTo endpoint when request-response message.
- If the
FaultToelement of WS-Addressing is set to a WS client, the WS server does not send fault messages to the
FaultTodestination. However, if the
ReplyToelement is set, the WS server does send the responses to the
ResponseTodestination. The cause of this issue is still under investigation.
- 901227 - node-timeout, worker-timeout, flush-wait and ttl mod_cluster attributes in web console
- 960243 - Regression in ProxyPass integration
- 958991 - mod_cluster core when use ProxyPass / balancer://bal and CreateBalancers 1
- Users of JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 6, who have
CreateBalancers 1set in /conf.d/mod_cluster.conf, and who have not set the
stickysession=JSESSIONID|jsessionidconfiguration will encounter the following segmentation fault:
[notice] child pid 7787 exit signal Segmentation fault (11)Adding the
stickysessionelement to the CreateBalancers configuration will resolve the issue.For example:
CreateBalancers 1 ProxyPass / balancer://qacluster stickysession=JSESSIONID|jsessionid
- 900801 - Adding modcluster via the CLI fails.
- 963720 - mod_cluster: proxy DNS lookup failure with IPv6 on Solaris
- 900047 - SystemMemoryUsageLoadMetric is not correct on Linux/Unix
SystemMemoryUsageLoadMetricdoes not show useful information on Linux or UNIX operating systems. For these systems,
HeapMemoryUsageLoadMetricprovides more useful information. The solution to this problem will be to change the algorithm of
SystemMemoryUsageLoadMetricto subtract the
buffers/cachevalue from the
usednumber. The best method for doing this is under investigation.
- 901231 - Usage of finalize() needs extra guards on IBM JDK
- JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 6 can experience intermittent failures when running on the IBM JDK 6 and 7. This is because the IBM garbage collector is much more aggressive than that of other JVMs. This can sometimes result in memory being reclaimed in situations that were unanticipated and did not manifest when testing on other JVMs.Until this issue is resolved Red Hat recommends using the OpenJDK or Oracle JDK to run JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 6 on Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
A. Revision History
|Revision 0.0-24||Fri June 5 2015|
|Revision 0.0-22||Wed Sep 10 2014|
|Revision 0.0-20||Thu May 23 2013|