Chapter 17. Datasource Configuration
- no transaction isolation;
- thread and socket leaks (
connection.close()does not tidy up resources);
- persistence quality (logs commonly become corrupted after a failure, preventing automatic recovery);
- database corruption;
- stability under load (database processes cease when dealing with too much data);
- and not viable in clustered environments.
17.1. Types of Datasources
- Does not take part in JTA transactions. The
- Does not support two phase commit. The
java.sql.Driveris used. Suitable for a single database or a non-XA-aware resource.
- Supports two phase commit. The
javax.sql.XADataSourcedriver is used.