Language and Page Formatting Options
4.2. Connection Factory
Connection Factories provide connection objects to the Resource Adapter (deployed in a RAR) they are associated with. The following types of Connection Factories are managed through the Admin Console:
- No Tx Connection Factories - these do not take part in JTA transactions
- Local Transaction Connection Factories - these participate in local JTA transactions
- XA Transaction Connection Factories - these participate in distributed JTA transactions
4.2.1. Add a Connection Factory Resource
To add a Connection Factory for use by a Resource Adapter, follow this procedure.
Procedure 4.7. Adding a Connection Factory to JBoss Messaging
- Navigate to the Connection Factory type required, under Resources → Connection Factories.
- Click Add a new resource.
- Select the template to use, and click Continue.
- Enter the JNDI name, RAR name, and Connection Definition in the labeled fields.
NoteThe RAR for the associated Resource Adapter must be deployed before adding the Connection Factory.
- Configure extra options for the connection factory. For more information about configuration options, see the JBoss Messaging User Guide.
- Click Save. The new Connection Factory will be displayed in the Admin Console.