Chapter 2. Getting Started
2.1.1. Hardware Requirements
The minimum hardware required to support the installation of the JBoss Application Server is a 240MB hard disk drive. Additional space is required for the installation of the JDK upon which the the JBoss Application Server depends. The JDK installation size is currently up to 150MB.
The minimum hardware required to support an operational JBoss Application Server varies depending on the following:
- the size and complexity of the applications being served;
- the demand placed on the server by the number and frequency of client requests;
- the server configuration including the selected log files, their designated size and general server tuning.
- Disk Space: 1GB
- The default server log file storage configuration is 500MB.
- The remaining 500MB is allocated to the server installation (240MB), the required JDK (150MB) and some additional space for applications (110MB).
- CPU: Intel Pentium Processor @ 1GHz
- Core 2 Duo, Core 2 Quad and Intel Xeon chips will improve the performance of servers which experience high demand.
- RAM: 128 MB
- RAM installations of 1GB or more will be required to run a server upon which small to medium applications are deployed. 4GB or more is preferable for larger applications or to run a GUI server interface.
2.1.2. Supported Installations