How do you connect to command prompt for CloudForms appliance?

Latest response
I've loaded the latest version of the CloudForms appliance to my vSphere environment and configured the database using the console. However, when I attempt to connect to the WebUI console using the IP address of appliance, I get page not found. I suspect that the Apache web server is not running. The question is, what username and password is used for the console to get to a Linux shell?
Thanks in advance,
Bill
Bill Ramos's picture

Responses

You should be able to login using root/smartvm: https://access.redhat.com/site/documentation/en-US/CloudForms/3.0/html-single/Management_Engine_5.2_Installation_Guide/index.html#Configuring_a_Worker_Appliance_for_CloudForms_Management_Engine
That did the trick. The other trick I needed to learn was using Alt-F3 to get to the Linux shell.
Thanks,
Bill

Was this helpful?

We appreciate your feedback. Leave a comment if you would like to provide more detail.
It looks like we have some work to do. Leave a comment to let us know how we could improve.
Close

Welcome! Check out the Getting Started with Red Hat page for quick tours and guides for common tasks.