Unable to use repos created by reposync on RHEL 9.1

Latest response

After syncing the BaseOS and AppStream repositories for use on an off network system, I'm unable to use the repositories due to several issues.

command:
reposync -a x86_64 --download-metadata --download-path=/mnt/data/r9repos --remote-time --repoid=rhel-9-for-x86_64-appstream-rpms

The docs on reposync say the repositories should be usable without running createrepo, due to downloading the metadata. However, on my off network system I receive the following when attempting to perform an update:

Downloading Packages:
Error opening /mnt/data/r9repos/rhel-9-for-x86_64-baseos-rpms/Packages/t/tzdata-2022g-1.el9_1.noarch.rpm: No such file or directory
Package "tzdata-2022g-1.el9_1.noarch" from local repository "RHEL9-Base-Updates" has incorrect checksum
Error opening /mnt/data/r9repos/rhel-9-for-x86_64-appstream-rpms/Packages/i/insights-client-3.1.7-10.el9_1.noarch.rpm: No such file or directory
Package "insights-client-3.1.7-10.el9_1.noarch" from local repository "RHEL9-AppStream-Updates" has incorrect checksum

And this occurs for multiple packages.

I have rerun the reposync commands, which indicate all the files have been downloaded.

Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong?

Thank you for any info or suggestions.

Darin

Responses