Content View Import on Disconnected Satellite, Identical Repos

Latest response

TIP:
A few content-view imports on the disconnected satellite continued to fail.

Identical repos added in the same CV caused the problem on my end.

Example:
Red Hat Enterprise Linux High Availability for RHEL 7 Server RPMs x86_64 7.9
Red Hat Enterprise Linux High Availability for RHEL 7 Server RPMs x86_64 7Server

Apparently, you need to use only '...Server RPMs x86_64 7Server' as it has all RHEL 7 minor version 'High Availability' packages. 'Red Hat Enterprise Linux High Availability for RHEL 7.

'...Server RPMs ...x86_64 7.9' contains only the specific RHEL 7.9 minor version release packages and no updated packages are included.

After removing the 7.9 RPM's, the CV Import started to work....

Responses

Wow, that's... odd/interesting Dennis.

I'd let Red Hat know about this in a case to see if they have anything further. I can't think of when I have ever removed rpms from an exported content-view that I'm attempting to ingest. Red Hat should be made aware of this, me thinks.

Regards,
RJ

It's very odd.

I couldn't figure out why 2 out of my 4 Content Views continued to fail. I then opened a support ticket. One of the the responding individuals mentioned that there might be a conflict between these 7 and 7.9. The support said that I wouldn't need the 7.9 and should remove it, just keep the 7 respos. So, I removed all repos that had a "dot.x version" ..

:::

This was the response: You need to use only 'Red Hat Enterprise Linux High Availability for RHEL 7 Server RPMs x86_64 7Server' as it has all RHEL 7 minor version 'High Availability' packages. 'Red Hat Enterprise Linux High Availability for RHEL 7

Server RPMs x86_64 7.9' contains only the specific RHEL 7.9 minor version release packages and no updated packages are included.

:::

After that, Content View export started to complete again AND the data size went down as well. I'm still confused. I think I might have to create a separate Content View just for the "dot.x versions and export/ import them separately. Do you think that's a good idea?

I personally do not ever get rid of 7.9 repos, but I've never faced the issue you mentioned.

I am pretty sure the updates for 7.9 are under 7.9 repos.

I import the entire enchilada at once personally.

Regards,
RJ