RHEL6.3 zLinux Installation Error

Latest response

I’m am attempting to install RHEL6.3 z/Linux from a guest under z/VM 5.4 using FTP the distribution option.

My FTP Server is on z/OS and I FTPed the contents of the install DVD to a z/OS HFS dataset.

The installation starts, I log into “install” using ssh from my Windows laptop and I switch over to VNC.

I do all of the initial setup and the installation starts talking to the FTP server on my z/OS system.

I then get the following error.

"The file crontabs-1.10-33.el6.noarch.rpm cannot be opened. This is due to a missing file, a corupt package or corupt media. Please verify your installation source. If you exit, your system will be left in an inconsistent state that will lekely require reinstallation".

As I look on the actual DVD and my z/OS HFS dataset containing the ftp of the DVD files (all were FTPed as binary), the file does exist.

I also got a similar error using ssh on the file name “iputils-20071127-16.e16.s390x.rpm”.

As with the file shown above, it does exist on the DVD and my z/OS HFS dataset.

It does not appear that Redhat has an install option using SMB, so I can’t talk directly to the DVD drive on my laptop.

I’m not sure where to go from here.

Any suggestions will help.

Thanks,

S. Veryl Ellis

SunGard Availability Services

veryl.ellis@sungard.com

Responses