Satellite 6.10 and Web based Red Hat Insights

Latest response

Not sure whether anyone else is experiencing the same pain as myself. But I would love to know whether my problems are isolated to just myself or common problems experienced by others..

A few weeks ago I upgraded from Satellite 6.9 to 6.10, as a result my ability to remediate and identify issues from my satellite system have been "deprecated", and I am now reliant on console.redhat.com/insights. Since then I have logged multiple Support Cases.

I have systems reporting faults that do not exist, systems unable to be remediated from console.redhat.com due to being "Direct Connections" when they are properly registered to my Satellite which are able to be remediated from my Satellite system. Advisories on Systems in console.redhat.com that are not showing up in my Satellite system. Intermittent unable to remediate anything due to the console.redhat.com unable to communicate with the Satellite "Status Unknown".

To say that I am disappointed in the "deprecation" of Insights functionality in Satellite 6.10, would be an understatement. I always found that the Satellites version of Insights easy to use, clearly set out and very responsive, I can not say the same about console.redhat.com/insights.

Would love to hear whether I am alone with these issues and thoughts about Insights.

Responses