Delete project disabled

Latest response

I am brand new to OpenShift and created a sample project from the template. I seem to be unable to delete the project because the option is disabled (greyed out). Thanks

Responses

Hi Jeff,

Welcome to our community ! Possibly this solution article might help you : Unable to Delete a Project or Namespace in OCP
Also, maybe the official Red Hat OpenShift documentation can help as well : Working with projects -> Deleting a project ... :)

Regards,
Christian

Thanks, Not sure how to run the CLI from the web interface (May not be possible?) It appears to me the issue is when I created the project from the template that it did not add me as admin. I am unable to add admin to myself which appears to be required to delete the project. I guess I will just have to leave them sit out there until maybe they expire and get cleaned up.

Hi Jeff,

Login as admin from a terminal to operate via CLI, or login as admin from the web console.
The standard user has limited privileges - to gain full access you need admin privileges ... :)

Regards,
Christian

Since this is the online dev sandbox (Not anything I have installed) Admin probably isn't granted to my account when I created my sandbox account. Makes sense since admin is probably system wide for the sandbox and they certainly wouldn't want people like me who are learning and have no idea what they are doing logging in with admin privilege's. :) Thanks for all the answers

You're welcome, Jeff ! :)