Error running bin file

Latest response

No Java virtual machine could be found from your PATH environment variable . You must install a VM prior to running this programGood Afternoon Colleagues
I hope you are doing good and safe . I am working with one of our customers to install IVR application named Voxeo Prophecy which run over Linux Redhat.

Kindly find my below notes:
- Our customer has Linux Redhat Enterprise 7.9
- Our customer has LAB server and production servers.
- The IVR application has been installed successfully to LAB server with no issue.
- When trying to install at the production server , an error has been received (Please check the attached image).
- The difference between LAB server and the production servers that the production servers has the below:
* Security baseline applied.
* Tripwire and fidelis installed.

Have you faced similar issue ? Any suggestion to make this application work on production server ?

Thanks in advance.

Best RegardsNo Java virtual machine could be found from your PATH environment variable . You must install a VM prior to running this program

Responses

Hi Ahmed,

A bit hard to tell, for I do not see the attachment.

Regards,

Jan Gerrit

Good Afternoon Jan Sorry if image didn't attached successfully . The error message below:

"No Java virtual machine could be found from your PATH environment variable . You must install a VM prior to running this program"

Best Regards

Hi Ahmed,

Thanks for supplying the error messages, it suggests that java is not installed on the Prod server.

please run below commands on both LAB and Prod server:

rpm -qa|grep -i java
java -version

The second command should atleast on the Lab server look something like this

java -version
openjdk version "1.8.0_302"
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_302-b08)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.302-b08, mixed mode)

See if there are differences in the output of the rpm or java command

Regards,

Jan Gerrit

Hi Jan Now the image contains the commands entered and the error message appeared in the original post

Please review.

Best Regards

Hi Ahmed,

My questions remain the same, based on the both picture and text error message.

It looks like either java is not installed or not in the PATH variable.

Regards,

Jan Gerrit

Hi Jan I issued the command " java -version" at LAB server and here is the output:

"-bash: java: command not found"

Also , I issue the command "rpm -qa|grep -i java" but it returns nothing.

Inspite of that , The IVR is currently installed successfully on LAB server.

What is your opinion ?

Best Regards

hi Ahmed,

This is getting hard.

One suggestion: Check for differences in

echo $PATH

Maybe the IVR contains a jvm inside, but cannot find the installation directory on Prod, can find it on Lab?

Regards,

Jan Gerrit

Hi Jan Thx for your replay . Where should i issue "echo $PATH" ?

Best Regards

Hi Ahmed,

In a terminal of course ... :)

$ echo $PATH
/home/cl/.local/bin:/home/cl/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/sbin  

Regards,
Christian

on both machines and check for differences

as the user that installs/installed the software

Hi Jan Well Noted.

Do you think that any of those software Tripwire or fidelis that installed only on production servers can be an issue ?

Best Regards

Tripwire, depends on the configuration. In the logs you should find hints.

Fidelis I do not know, so I cannot tell you what the effects are of the software.

Well Noted

Hi Ahmed,

Not sure what exactly you mean, but this is what you have to do to add JAVA to your path - of course JAVA has to be installed ... :)

$ echo $PATH
/home/cl/.local/bin:/home/cl/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/sbin

$ echo $JAVA_HOME

$ sudo update-alternatives --config java

There is 1 program that provides 'java'.

Selection    Command
-----------------------------------------------
*+ 1           java-11-openjdk.x86_64 (/usr/lib/jvm/java-11-openjdk-11.0.12.0.7-0.el8_4.x86_64/bin/java)

Enter to keep the current selection[+], or type selection number:

$ export JAVA_HOME=/usr/lib/jvm/java-11-openjdk-11.0.12.0.7-0.el8_4.x86_64
$ export PATH=$PATH:$JAVA_HOME/bin

$ echo $JAVA_HOME
/usr/lib/jvm/java-11-openjdk-11.0.12.0.7-0.el8_4.x86_64

$ echo $PATH
/home/cl/.local/bin:/home/cl/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/sbin:/usr/lib/jvm/java-11-openjdk-11.0.12.0.7-0.el8_4.x86_64/bin  

Regards,
Christian

Hi Christian Java is not installed on LAB server and inspite of that , The IVR application has been installed successfully

[root@voxeo prophecy]# echo $PATH /usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/root/bin [root@voxeo prophecy]# echo $JAVA_HOME

[root@voxeo prophecy]# update-alternatives --config java [root@voxeo prophecy]#

So kindly advice.

Best Regards

Hi Ahmed,

Maybe a silly question, but why don't you simply install JAVA on the LAB server then ? :)

Regards,
Christian

Hi Christian It is very good question . I have already installed the IVR application on LAB server with no JAVA installed .

When i try to install it to production server , The shared message appears.

The difference between LAB server and the production servers that the production servers has the below: * Security baseline applied. * Tripwire and fidelis installed.

SO the issue in production servers not in LAB server.

Best Regards

Hi Ahmed,

Unfortunately I don't have any experience with Fidelis and Tripwire ... so, the only thing I can
recommend is to check the configuration of those applications, as Jan already suggested. :)

Regards,
Christian

Thx Christian & Jan for trying to help

You're welcome, Ahmed ! Hope you'll get the problem resolved. I wish you good luck. :)

Regards,
Christian

Hi Ahmed,

Did you ask the customer to open a support case

Did you check /var/log/secure for hints?

Regards,

Jan Gerrit