Can't get seahorse to display anything gpg / pgp related

Latest response

I just span up a new RH 8.3 server, gnome server with gui

I installed seahorse, but theres not a single pgp / gpg thing anywhere!

Its got gpg2 and all the default stuff. gpg command works, I can create keys, see them with gpg -k and gpg-K yet seahorse can't do anything, I can create only 4 types and pgp isn't one.

Why does a clean skin install not work with gpg, what packages is the base install missing?

Just annoying as there's no keys according to seahorse. I installed evolution and it doesn't see any pgp keys at all...

Worked perfectly on centos-7 with a clean install.

Cheers,

David

Responses

Hi David,

This is a known bug in the older GNOME/Seahorse version being shipped on RHEL 8, which has been fixed meanwhile. :)
On Fedora which ships a newer GNOME/Seahorse version it works as expected. So you have to live with the CLI for now.

Regards,
Christian

Hey Thanks so much Christian, know its not just me.

Is there a testing repository where an updated version could be deployed? Just hobbles mail from working since they also can't see the keys either?

Cheers,

David

Hi David,

What you can do would be to download the seahorse package from the Fedora repositories, and install it
manually - not sure if it will work perfectly though, you may run into dependency issues ... just try it out. :)

Regards,
Christian

I am having this same issue exactly. Is there a fix for this yet or possibly another GUI frontend that will work in the meantime?