xfs_repair out of space

Latest response

I am trying to run "xfs_repair" on it.
The output is appended.
disconnected dir inode xxxx ,moving to lost+found
fatal error -- name create failed in lost+found(117), filesystem may be out of space

Responses

老哥,还有下文吗

Hi,

I do not know what Iverson's reply contains, but here are a few ideas to help you.

Error 117 is telling you that the file system is corrupted.. Attempting to make a new name for a lost inode has resulted in detection of a new corruption or previously undetected or uncorrected corruption in the file system.

The problem is NOT related to disk space.

I hope you ran xfs_repair offline. The file system should be taken offline and checked/repaired.

Use xfs_metadump to perform some analysis as to why xfs_repair is failing. It might help.

The way to do it is: before running the full scale xfs_repair, dump all file system metadata using xfs_metadump and run a "dry-run" xfs_repair on it. This will provide the opportunity to observe what xfs_repair would do in the files system.

We really need more information before we can offer some assistance. Alternatively, opening case with Red Hat would be advisable if the data in the file system is critical.

Regards,

Dusan Baljevic (amateur radio VK2COT)

The reply is so fast! Brother, my environment is a 114T xfs partition. The used space of this partition reaches more than 90%. The day before yesterday, the server was unable to mount the system after it was powered on due to a power failure. The prompt:

mount -t xfs /dev/sdc1 /mnt

mount: /mnt: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/sdc1, missing codepage or helper program, or other error. So execute xfs_metadump to back up the metadata. Since there is not such a large space to use xfs_mdrestore, I had to directly repair it directly with xfs_repair, but the repair failed. I tried to repair with xfs_repair -L, and got a prompt:

...Omitted.

disconnected inode 36568915270, moving to lost+found disconnected inode 36568915271, moving to lost+found

fatal error - name create failed in lost+found (28), filesystem may be out of space. I guess the reason is insufficient disk space, which will prevent xfs_repair, what should I do next, brother

Hello, iverson li! I have the same problem on a 44Tb partition. How did you solve this problem?