Error while registering RHEL 8 on Oracle VM

Latest response

Hi,

I am facing issue while registering the product.

Downloaded the ISO using link https://developers.redhat.com/rhel8

now after installation, tried performing yup update all but it gave an error for no enabled repositories.
Tried to register but getting error, can someone help in this regards?

Below are the logs for same:

[root@localhost ~]# yum update all
Updating Subscription Management repositories.
Unable to read consumer identity
This system is not registered to Red Hat Subscription Management. You can use subscription-manager to register.
Error: There are no enabled repositories in "/etc/yum.repos.d", "/etc/yum/repos.d", "/etc/distro.repos.d".
[root@localhost ~]#

[root@localhost ~]# subscription-manager register
Registering to: subscription.rhsm.redhat.com:443/subscription
Username: ga************@yahoo.com
Password:
HTTP error (401 - Unauthorized): authorized
[root@localhost ~]#

Responses

Hello and welcome to our community !

Please check out my article Red Hat Developer Subscription : Renewal - Best Practice ... it might help you to solve the problem. :)

Regards,
Christian

Sorry it didnt helped. below is the log for the steps i followed

[root@rhel8server1 Downloads]# subscription-manager remove --all 0 subscriptions removed from this system. [root@rhel8server1 Downloads]# subscription-manager unregister This system is currently not registered. [root@rhel8server1 Downloads]# subscription-manager clean All local data removed [root@rhel8server1 Downloads]# subscription-manager register Registering to: subscription.rhsm.redhat.com:443/subscription Username: ga************@yahoo.com Password: HTTP error (401 - Unauthorized): authorized [root@rhel8server1 Downloads]# subscription-manager refresh This system is not yet registered. Try 'subscription-manager register --help' for more information. [root@rhel8server1 Downloads]#

Hi ! :)

Looks as if you are using wrong account name and/or password. Please consult your organization admin.
Also, in order to protect privacy remove your private information (account/mail address) from your post.
If the problem persists with correct credentials - contact the Red Hat Customer Service team to solve it.

Regards,
Christian

HI,

I am trying to test something on RHEL8 and was looking for a free subscription to test. Dont have any organization that i can contact to. Anyways will try some workaround like creating a local repo

thanks for your response

in case, your creds ended up with alphanumeric character then encapsulate it in single quote and see if it works.

Hi ! :)

If you have a free no-cost developer subscription you can also contact Red Hat Customer Service.

Regards,
Christian