Satellite server error with remote puppet master on capsule

Latest response

I've been fight a series of problems that started up around the time that out custom certs failed on out satellite 6.2 system. We have a new satellite (6.7) that we are moving to but need to keep the 6.2 running for a while longer.

When puppet is run on the satellite server I get these errors (and more)

Info: Applying configuration version '1591829542'
Error: /Stage[main]/Uxadmin::Uadmin/File[/usr/local/etc/uadmin]: Could not evaluate: Could not retrieve information from environment KT_UCAT_STG_cv_PUPPET_65 source(s) puppet:///files/uxadmin/uadmin/satellite, puppet:///files/uxadmin/uadmin/RedHat_7, puppet:///files/uxadmin/uadmin/RedHat, puppet:///files/uxadmin/uadmin/common
Notice: /Stage[main]/Uxadmin::Uadmin/Sudo::Conf[uadmin_sudo]/File[20_uadmin_sudo]: Dependency File[/usr/local/etc/uadmin] has failures: true
Warning: /Stage[main]/Uxadmin::Uadmin/Sudo::Conf[uadmin_sudo]/File[20_uadmin_sudo]: Skipping because of failed dependencies
Notice: /Stage[main]/Uxadmin::Uadmin/Sudo::Conf[uadmin_sudo]/Exec[sudo-syntax-check for file /etc/sudoers.d/20_uadmin_sudo]: Dependency File[/usr/local/etc/uadmin] has failures: true
Warning: /Stage[main]/Uxadmin::Uadmin/Sudo::Conf[uadmin_sudo]/Exec[sudo-syntax-check for file /etc/sudoers.d/20_uadmin_sudo]: Skipping because of failed dependencies
Error: /Stage[main]/Uxadmin::Qpage/File[/usr/local/bin/qpage]: Could not evaluate: Could not retrieve information from environment KT_UCAT_STG_cv_PUPPET_65 source(s) puppet:///files/uxadmin/qpage/qpage.RedHat_7.bin, puppet:///files/uxadmin/qpage/qpage.RedHat.bin, puppet:///files/uxadmin/qpage/qpage.bin
Notice: /Stage[main]/Uxadmin::Qpage/File[/etc/qpage.servers]: Dependency File[/usr/local/bin/qpage] has failures: true
Warning: /Stage[main]/Uxadmin::Qpage/File[/etc/qpage.servers]: Skipping because of failed dependencies
Notice: /Stage[main]/Uxadmin::Qpage/File[/usr/local/share/man/man1/qpage.1]: Dependency File[/usr/local/bin/qpage] has failures: true

Satellite is running on utoolslx03 and the puppet master / capsule is on utoolslx05.

The replacement certs are installed and both the satellite/capsule configured to use them.

Other clients are able to get their sudo config fro this arrangement.

The satellite server does run puppet but ends up with the "default" sudo config from the manifest rather than the hiera based config.

Being pretty new to satellite and puppet I run puppet agent -t with the --debug (and --verbose, --trace) flags but I do not see any useful information on why it is not working as it was.

I think that what I am looking for is some pointers on better debugging to help me find the cause of this error. OF course if you know how to "fix" it that would be great too.

Responses