create view from xml column

Latest response

hi , please I want to ask a question ...i need to convert string to xml? how I could do it, as error appears at convertion to xml java.io.OptionalDataException... thanks at advance

Responses

You would use the XML functions - https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-us/red_hat_jboss_data_virtualization/6.4/html/development_guide_volume_3_reference_material/sect-scalar_functions#idm140190294567008

first thanks for your help ...yes I did that already, but when I try any of these functions , query failed without obvious error..error "transient.org.teiid.datatools.connectivity.connectionprofile".

That error is on the Connectionprofile, is it configured for the source model?

what's meaning of configured for the source model ? i created view and edit transformation and add new column (type xml) and try to cast string column into xml ...but this errors appear when i use xmlparse or xmlcomment or ano other xml function

What is the source for the view model?

soucre from CSV file , and it contains column string ( but it's xml structure)... error is java.io.OptionalDataException

error is java.io.OptionalDataException and it appears when I convert any type into xml , if I convert from xml into string it works