Different results pushing errata/packages from satellite 6.6

Latest response

Hello All,

So I'm a bit confused because I'm seeing 2 different results when applying errata or installing packages from satellite 6.6.

I can successfully apply errata or install packages if I got to Hosts > All Hosts > click on the host name > click Content > then go to the errata or packages tab and apply via katello agent.

BUT I can not successfully do this if I go to Hosts > All Hosts > check the box next to the same host i just tried earlier > click the Select Action button in the upper right > click "Schduled remote Job" > set job category to Katello > Job template to Install package - katello SSH default > then enter the desired package name. After submitting it this way, it fails after about 2 mins with the following error:

"Error initializing command: Net::SSH::ConnectionTimeout - Net::SSH::ConnectionTimeout
Exit status: EXCEPTION"

I tried the ansible options and get pretty much the same error "Failed to connect to the host via ssh: ssh: connect to host SERVERNAME port 22: Connection timed out'"

Im wondering why it works one way and not the other. It seems they are using 2 different methods of communication? You would think if the host was unreachable it would be unreachable either way I try to apply errata or package.

Can anybody point me in the correct direction as to how these two different methods are communicating and why one way is erroring out?

Thanks in advance !

Responses