Issue reported with rhel-7-server-rpms

Latest response

About 2 days ago, I started getting notifications from yum reporting a broken or bad duplicate reported.

I've done a yum-clean, I've verified I can access and update/install from rhel-7-server-rpms.

Doing a yum check-update I get the following:

Update notice RHSA-2017:2423 (from rhel-7-server-rpms) is broken, or a bad duplicate, skipping.
You should report this problem to the owner of the rhel-7-server-rpms repository.
If you are the owner, consider re-running the same command with --verbose to see the exact data that caused the conflict.

When I run it with --verbose, I get:

Duplicate of RHSA-2017:2423 differs in some fields:
<<<<<<< rhel-7-server-rpms:version
'4'
=======
'3'
>>>>>>> rhel-7-server-optional-rpms:version
Update notice RHSA-2017:2423 (from rhel-7-server-rpms) is broken, or a bad duplicate, skipping.
You should report this problem to the owner of the rhel-7-server-rpms repository.
If you are the owner, consider re-running the same command with --verbose to see the exact data that caused the conflict.

So it would appear to be a version differnence between something that is on both rhel-7-server-rpms and rhel-7-server-optional-rpms. Looking at the errata it seems to be for log4j-javadoc and log4j-manual (neither of which are installed). Considering this, it seems to be strictly informational.. but I'm getting this across several machines, hourly, thanks to yum-cron.

Reviewing the repo information, what is the best way to "report" this and get that version info cleaned up?

# yum repoinfo rhel-7-server-optional-rpms
Loaded plugins: product-id, search-disabled-repos, subscription-manager
Repo-id      : rhel-7-server-optional-rpms/7Server/x86_64
Repo-name    : Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 Server - Optional (RPMs)
Repo-status  : enabled
Repo-revision: 1576573675
Repo-updated : Tue Dec 17 09:07:55 2019
Repo-pkgs    : 19,442
Repo-size    : 49 G
Repo-baseurl : https://cdn.redhat.com/content/dist/rhel/server/7/7Server/x86_64/optional/os
Repo-expire  : 86,400 second(s) (last: Thu Jan  9 14:17:41 2020)
  Filter     : read-only:present
Repo-filename: /etc/yum.repos.d/redhat.repo

Any information offered would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Responses

Redhat has a KB article about this, we're all seeing it. Short version: ignore it until they fix their CDN feed.

"...There is an ongoing issue related to the generation of errata notification XML content available on the Red Hat Content Delivery Network (CDN) specifically related to the RHSA-2017:2423 update notice. Systems will emit this error when both the rhel-7-server-rpms and rhel-7-server-optional-rpms channels are visible...."

See https://access.redhat.com/solutions/1502743

Has an ETA for the fix been given?

For anyone experiencing this, please submit a case if you haven't already done so.

Regards
RJ

It might be fixed; my systems aren't seeing this error any longer.