Issue reported with rhel-7-server-rpms

Latest response

About 2 days ago, I started getting notifications from yum reporting a broken or bad duplicate reported.

I've done a yum-clean, I've verified I can access and update/install from rhel-7-server-rpms.

Doing a yum check-update I get the following:

Update notice RHSA-2017:2423 (from rhel-7-server-rpms) is broken, or a bad duplicate, skipping.
You should report this problem to the owner of the rhel-7-server-rpms repository.
If you are the owner, consider re-running the same command with --verbose to see the exact data that caused the conflict.

When I run it with --verbose, I get:

Duplicate of RHSA-2017:2423 differs in some fields:
<<<<<<< rhel-7-server-rpms:version
'4'
=======
'3'
>>>>>>> rhel-7-server-optional-rpms:version
Update notice RHSA-2017:2423 (from rhel-7-server-rpms) is broken, or a bad duplicate, skipping.
You should report this problem to the owner of the rhel-7-server-rpms repository.
If you are the owner, consider re-running the same command with --verbose to see the exact data that caused the conflict.

So it would appear to be a version differnence between something that is on both rhel-7-server-rpms and rhel-7-server-optional-rpms. Looking at the errata it seems to be for log4j-javadoc and log4j-manual (neither of which are installed). Considering this, it seems to be strictly informational.. but I'm getting this across several machines, hourly, thanks to yum-cron.

Reviewing the repo information, what is the best way to "report" this and get that version info cleaned up?

# yum repoinfo rhel-7-server-optional-rpms
Loaded plugins: product-id, search-disabled-repos, subscription-manager
Repo-id      : rhel-7-server-optional-rpms/7Server/x86_64
Repo-name    : Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 Server - Optional (RPMs)
Repo-status  : enabled
Repo-revision: 1576573675
Repo-updated : Tue Dec 17 09:07:55 2019
Repo-pkgs    : 19,442
Repo-size    : 49 G
Repo-baseurl : https://cdn.redhat.com/content/dist/rhel/server/7/7Server/x86_64/optional/os
Repo-expire  : 86,400 second(s) (last: Thu Jan  9 14:17:41 2020)
  Filter     : read-only:present
Repo-filename: /etc/yum.repos.d/redhat.repo

Any information offered would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Responses