Bundle 'crc_libvirt_4.2.8.crcbundle' was requested, but the existing VM is using 'crc_libvirt_4.2.2.crcbundle'

Latest response

Trying to get OpenShift running on my Fedora 31 laptop. Had attempted to install it using crc-linux-1.1.0 but screwed up. Deleted director and installed using crc-linux-1.2.0. Setup goes fine but start always results in the error"Bundle 'crc_libvirt_4.2.8.crcbundle' was requested, but the existing VM is using 'crc_libvirt_4.2.2.crcbundle' ". Trying to figure out what VM I need to delete. recommendations?

paul

Responses

Hi Paul,

Execute crc delete and then delete all content in /home/user/.crc and /home/user/.kube.
Now start over from scratch - Execute crc setup and then crc start ... now it should work ... :)

Regards,
Christian

This is excellent advice, thank you. I was loading a new version of crc and came across this error. Stopping crc and deleting these directories worked perfectly. Thank you.

Old thread - but I'm glad its still around!

You're welcome, Joseph ! I'm glad you find the instructions to be useful and that they helped you. :)

Regards,
Christian

Thanks for the suggestion. I now receive exit status 3 after running crc start.

Hi Paul,

Execute crc stop and then crc start again. :)

Regards,
Christian

crc stop produces "Machine 'crc' does not exist. Use 'crc start' to create it." Sorry. I hate being a newbie LOL Makes me feel like an FNG again.

Hi Paul,

No problem, we all have been newbies at some point. This was just a "workaround" ... crc sometimes "hangs" ... :)

Regards,
Christian

Ok, my head officially hurts now.

output: [paulmsummitt@jupiter-workgroup crc-linux-1.2.0-amd64]$ ./crc setup INFO Checking if running as non-root
INFO Caching oc binary
INFO Setting up virtualization
INFO Setting up KVM
INFO Installing libvirt service and dependencies
INFO Adding user to libvirt group
INFO Enabling libvirt
INFO Starting libvirt service
INFO Checking if a supported libvirt version is installed INFO Installing crc-driver-libvirt
INFO Removing older system-wide crc-driver-libvirt INFO Setting up libvirt 'crc' network
INFO Starting libvirt 'crc' network
INFO Checking if NetworkManager is installed
INFO Checking if NetworkManager service is running INFO Writing Network Manager config for crc
INFO Writing dnsmasq config for crc
INFO Unpacking bundle from the CRC binary
Setup is complete, you can now run 'crc start' to start the OpenShift cluster [paulmsummitt@jupiter-workgroup crc-linux-1.2.0-amd64]$ ./crc start INFO Checking if running as non-root
INFO Checking if oc binary is cached
INFO Checking if Virtualization is enabled
INFO Checking if KVM is enabled
INFO Checking if libvirt is installed
INFO Checking if user is part of libvirt group
INFO Checking if libvirt is enabled
INFO Checking if libvirt daemon is running
INFO Checking if a supported libvirt version is installed INFO Checking if crc-driver-libvirt is installed
INFO Checking if libvirt 'crc' network is available INFO Checking if libvirt 'crc' network is active
INFO Checking if NetworkManager service is running INFO Checking if /etc/NetworkManager/conf.d/crc-nm-dnsmasq.conf exists INFO Checking if /etc/NetworkManager/dnsmasq.d/crc.conf exists INFO Starting CodeReady Containers VM for OpenShift 4.2.8... INFO Verifying validity of the cluster certificates ... INFO Check internal and public DNS query ...
INFO Starting OpenShift cluster ... [waiting 3m]
ERRO Error approving the node csr Not able to get csr names (exit status 1 : The connection to the server api.crc.testing:6443 was refused - did you specify the right host or port? )

what am I doing wrong?

paul

Hi Paul,

"The connection to the server api.crc.testing:6443 was refused" ... Please check the DNS and the Firewall settings. :)

Regards,
Christian

Oh, and it locked up the laptop and had to hard reboot it. What a day, LOL.

Hi Paul,

Please stay calm and be a little bit more patient ... sometimes such things don't work as expected on the first run. :)

Regards,
Christian

LOL, I'm staying calm. Three days of this and I'm still patient. First run? LOL

[paulmsummitt@jupiter-workgroup crc-linux-1.2.0-amd64]$ ./crc start INFO Checking if running as non-root
INFO Checking if oc binary is cached
INFO Checking if libvirt is enabled
INFO Checking if libvirt daemon is running
INFO Checking if a supported libvirt version is installed INFO Checking if crc-driver-libvirt is installed
INFO Checking if libvirt 'crc' network is available INFO Checking if libvirt 'crc' network is active
INFO Checking if NetworkManager service is running INFO Checking if /etc/NetworkManager/conf.d/crc-nm-dnsmasq.conf exists INFO Checking if /etc/NetworkManager/dnsmasq.d/crc.conf exists ? Image pull secret [? for help] ******************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

INFO Loading bundle: crc_libvirt_4.2.8.crcbundle ... INFO Creating CodeReady Containers VM for OpenShift 4.2.8... INFO Verifying validity of the cluster certificates ... INFO Check internal and public DNS query ...
INFO Copying kubeconfig file to instance dir ...
INFO Adding user's pull secret and cluster ID ... ERRO Failed to update user pull secret or cluster ID: ssh command error: command : timeout 80 bash -c 'until oc --config /tmp/kubeconfig replace -f /tmp/pull-secret.yaml 2>/dev/null 1>&2; \ do echo "Waiting for recovery apiserver to come up."; sleep 1; done' err : exit status 124 output : Waiting for recovery apiserver to come up. Waiting for recovery apiserver to come up. Waiting for recovery apiserver to come up. Waiting for recovery apiserver to come up. Waiting for recovery apiserver to come up. Waiting for recovery apiserver to come up. Waiting for recovery apiserver to come up. Waiting for recovery apiserver to come up. Waiting for recovery apiserver to come up. Waiting for recovery apiserver to come up. Waiting for recovery apiserver to come up. Waiting for recovery apiserver to come up. Waiting for recovery apiserver to come up. Waiting for recovery apiserver to come up. Waiting for recovery apiserver to come up. Waiting for recovery apiserver to come up. Waiting for recovery apiserver to come up. Waiting for recovery apiserver to come up. Waiting for recovery apiserver to come up. Waiting for recovery apiserver to come up.

paul

Hi Paul,

Unfortunately I have no idea what's going wrong at this point. I have built, destroyed and recreated the cluster
several times and everything worked as expected - every time (except the start/stop thing I've mentioned). :)

Regards,
Christian

Well, thanks for all the assistance you provided. I'll keep trying.

You're welcome, Paul ! I wish you good luck - and ... I'm sure you'll get it done in the end. :)

Regards,
Christian

I know this is an old thread but these issues are still rampant in CRC. I'm sorry but the Origin and Minishift options were just fine. I've been trying CRC on and off with Fedora 30-32 almost since this thread started and still nothing seems to work. Always needing to clear ~/.kube and ~/.crc and sort out what a black box binary installer throws around? Where is the RPM and/or VM image to simplify this?

That's a thing, John ... my experience is exactly the opposite - it just works - always. :)
All I did was following the instructions being provided in the documentation ... hmmm

Regards,
Christian

I know this is an old thread but I've been trying to install CRC on fedora using information from the start guide. "crc setup" works fine. However, when I ran "crc start" and "CodeReady Containers VM" got created but openshift cluster doesn't seemed to get installed.

Also, it did not ask me to inter pull secret when I ran "crc start"

❯ ./crc setup INFO Using bundle path /home/dwmartin/.crc/cache/crc_podman_libvirt_3.4.4_amd64.crcbundle INFO Checking if running as non-root
INFO Checking if running inside WSL2
INFO Checking if crc-admin-helper executable is cached INFO Checking for obsolete admin-helper executable INFO Checking if running on a supported CPU architecture INFO Checking minimum RAM requirements
INFO Checking if crc executable symlink exists
INFO Creating symlink for crc executable
INFO Checking if active user/process is currently part of the libvirt group INFO Checking if libvirt daemon is running
INFO Checking crc daemon systemd service
INFO Setting up crc daemon systemd service
INFO Checking crc daemon systemd socket units
INFO Setting up crc daemon systemd socket units
INFO Checking if systemd-networkd is running
INFO Checking if NetworkManager service is running INFO Checking if dnsmasq configurations file exist for NetworkManager INFO Checking if the systemd-resolved service is running INFO Checking if /etc/NetworkManager/dispatcher.d/99-crc.sh exists INFO Writing NetworkManager dispatcher file for crc INFO Using root access: Writing NetworkManager configuration to /etc/NetworkManager/dispatcher.d/99-crc.sh INFO Using root access: Changing permissions for /etc/NetworkManager/dispatcher.d/99-crc.sh to 755
INFO Using root access: Executing systemctl daemon-reload command INFO Using root access: Executing systemctl reload NetworkManager INFO Checking if libvirt 'crc' network is available INFO Setting up libvirt 'crc' network
INFO Checking if libvirt 'crc' network is active
INFO Starting libvirt 'crc' network
INFO Checking if CRC bundle is extracted in '$HOME/.crc' INFO Checking if /home/dwmartin/.crc/cache/crc_podman_libvirt_3.4.4_amd64.crcbundle exists Your system is correctly setup for using CodeReady Containers. Use 'crc start' to start the instance ❯ ./crc start INFO Checking if running as non-root
INFO Checking if running inside WSL2
INFO Checking if crc-admin-helper executable is cached INFO Checking for obsolete admin-helper executable INFO Checking if running on a supported CPU architecture INFO Checking minimum RAM requirements
INFO Checking if crc executable symlink exists
INFO Checking if active user/process is currently part of the libvirt group INFO Checking if libvirt daemon is running
INFO Checking crc daemon systemd socket units
INFO Checking if systemd-networkd is running
INFO Checking if NetworkManager service is running INFO Checking if dnsmasq configurations file exist for NetworkManager INFO Checking if the systemd-resolved service is running INFO Checking if /etc/NetworkManager/dispatcher.d/99-crc.sh exists INFO Checking if libvirt 'crc' network is available INFO Checking if libvirt 'crc' network is active
INFO Loading bundle: crc_podman_libvirt_3.4.4_amd64... INFO Creating CodeReady Containers VM for Podman 3.4.4... INFO Generating new SSH Key pair...
INFO CodeReady Containers instance is running with IP 192.168.130.11 INFO CodeReady Containers VM is running
INFO Updating authorized keys...
INFO Adding new bearer token for cockpit webconsole podman runtime is now running.

Use the 'podman' command line interface: $ eval $(crc podman-env) $ podman-remote COMMAND

did you run crc setup?

Nice Solution!