Testing Subscription Workstation

Latest response

Dear all,

I am not new to Linux but new to Red Hat. I want to try Red Hat Linux before I buy a subscription.

Online I saw the 30 days trail, after I signup and I want to download it, I saw that this is a server subscription.

Is there any trail subscription for workstation or is it possible to use this scriptions for workstation too?

Thank you for your help.
Best regards
Christoph

Responses

Hi Christoph,

I assume you want to test the shiny new RHEL 8 - correct ? Starting with RHEL 8 we get a "unified" subscription.
Just select Workstation in the Anaconda installer during the installation process, and this edition gets installed. )

Regards,
Christian

Depending on your work, this 12 month developer subscription may apply - https://developers.redhat.com/products/rhel/download

Hi Mike,

I was about to suggest this as well ... but as Christoph explicitly mentioned he wants to buy a subscription
I assumed he wants to use the system in production and the installation method I provided in my response
is the the same. The free no-cost developer subscription uses the same installation ISO files as the trial. :)

Regards,
Christian

Agree. However, since Christoph is new to Red Hat, I didn't want to assume that he needed it for production, nor assume that he realized there was is a 12 month, no-cost developer version (which is often sufficient).

Welcome to Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Christoph!