2 NICs, 2 Gateways, RHEL8

Latest response

I have a box with RHEL8. This box has 4 nics, with only one used right now. It serves up vsftpd to external internet, and works well. I plan on turning on another nic that will be on a different external subnet with a different gateway. I remember trying this years ago on a different box, and having issues with asymmetrical routing. I abandoned the idea back then when I could not resolve the issue.

I have done some research to find a solution, but could not find a definitive answer for RHEL8. I see that routing procedures have changed somewhere between RHEL6 and RHEL7, and I see no mention of this scenario in the current RHEL8 documentation, or anything online.

What I think I need, is for traffic coming in one interface to return back out that same interface and on to it's own gateway.

I need FTP to be served up on both nics, but I don't think that will be a problem, as vsftpd looks like it will bind to all interfaces.

I really like RHEL8, seems very efficient. This is a nice clean install, and I don't want to muck it up incorrectly.

Thanks.

Responses