satellite 6.5 yum dependency resolution looking to wrong folder

Latest response

I posted this on Reddit, I figure I can do it here too. I am running 6.5 currently and trying to install katello-agent on a client. (This is a new server and I am learning troubleshooting steps along the way. ) On the client, I do a "yum install katello-agent" command(in this example) and it finds the main package, but the dependencies come back with the 404 error and show the directory it is looking under. I manually located on the satellite server one of the packages (qpid-proton-c.xxxxxxx in this case). Where yum is looking(from the client) is completely different than the directory it is in on the server. Is there a way to get satellite to bring in the dependencies from the correct folder? (Apologies if I am using the wrong terminology). This is an offline server.

I was using the qpid package as an example. There are several other dependencies that are needed as well (python-qpid, etc). The client is looking for the dependencies in the ...satellite/pulp/repos/NAME/Library/content/dist/rhel/server/....etc when the files are sitting in the /var/lib/pulp/published/yum/master/yum_distributor/....... (satellite server) folder. It seems that satellite wants the dependencies in one place, but yum on the client is looking elsewhere. Is this a misconfiguration on my part? Is there a way to change that?

Attachments

Responses