RHHI-V VM Failed to start no bootable device

Latest response

Similar error to https://access.redhat.com/solutions/3024861 but resolution did not help.

Deployed on RHHI-V for single node using RHHI-V 4.3.3.7-0.1.el7
Using Glusterfs 3.12.2 for hyper convergence

Successfully deployed Glusterfs and Hosted engine has been installed and VM is functioning. Gluster created three associated volumes for data, vmstore and engine.

gluster volume info | grep -i Name Volume Name: data Volume Name: engine Volume Name: vmstore

Storage domains are all active (see attached image) and logical network was created for gluster traffic (Section 5.1 "Create the logical network for gluster traffic" of deploying RHHI-V on a single node).

When creating a VM, a Virtio-SCSI drive is selected from the "data" storage domain and is checked as bootable, similarly a nic is selected for the default ovirtmgmt network bridge. The VM is successfully created and a new storage disk is correctly added and listed in Storage->disks with a status "OK"

The VM launches successfully and a console is downloadable however the VM operating system does not work and the terminal displays:

Booting from Hard Disk . . . Boot failed: not a bootable disk No bootable device."

I suspect I'm missing some configuration for the gluster storage network and somehow creating an interface on that storage network which is exposed to the VM? I tried changing the gluster storage network's profile to enable "VM network" and adding an interface to that network but that didn't help either.

Responses