Can I have a Single Repo Server Provide Updates to Offline RHEL 6 & 7 Servers?

Latest response

We don't have a Satellite Subscription nor does my employer wish to buy one. So, I currently have a RHEL 6 server providing updates to offline RHEL 6 servers. We are about to deploy some RHEL 7 servers. Can I use my RHEL 6 Repo server to provide updates to both RHEL 6 & 7 servers? If so, how?

Thanks!

Responses

a satellite subscriptions is no longer a cost option, its now included with the smart management subscriptions, all you need is a smart management subscription per physical host or one for 2 virtual guests to be able to install and setup your own satellite server.

Thanks for the reply Jonathan. We currently have the following subscriptions: Red Hat Enterprise Linux for Virtual Datacenters and Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server, Premium (Physical or Virtual Nodes) I assume the 'smart management subscription' is not included?

Thats correct, but you can add the smart management subscription as an add on to each of your existing subscriptions. ie one smart management subscription for each "Red Hat Enterprise Linux for Virtual Datacenters" and one for each "Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server" subscription.

https://www.redhat.com/en/store/red-hat-enterprise-linux-virtual-datacenters#?sku=RH00002