Subscription Manager/Yum

Latest response

Looking for some info on how Subscription Manager works with yum. Currently have a system that I've unregistered/registered and attached subscriptions using attach --auto and attach --pool=poolid commands, but this doesn't seem to do anything as far as making repositories available through the subscriptions. I've even went to the customer portal and assigned subscriptions to the system I registered, then tried using the refresh option.

I totally wiped the files in the /etc/yum.repos.d/ folder and repeated the process above to see if they regenerate, but it doesn't seem to do anything.

I've manually edited the redhat.repo file using the contents of a sample file and replace the SSLclientcert and sslclientkey lines with those of my system, but when I do a yum repolist it gives me a HTTPS Error 403 - Forbidden. (My apologies if this seems odd, I'm a little new to this part of things and I'm just throwing out things to see if I can fix it).

Despite all my efforts when I run the subscription-manger repos --list command I still get "This system has no repositories available through subscriptions." message.

Anyone have any suggestions on any other processes or steps I could try to get things straightened out?

Responses