Clonezilla replication of RedHat 7.6 System fails

Latest response

Hello,

My company is switching to RedHat 7.6 from Centos 6.9. In the past we were able to successfully clone from one Centos 6.9 system to another using Clonezilla.

The Centos system to be copied was successfully prepped for cloning by deleting the "/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ethx" files and the 'etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-net.rules" file.

Also, from the start, the Centos machines were created without UUIDs in the grep.conf folder, and worked fine. This, along with the items mentioned above, enabled the system to be cloned.

However, when I delete the UUIDs from the RedHat 7.6 system, a reboot hangs on the sign-on screen (i,e. the gray screen, but never displays the actual sign-on).

However, if I leave the UUIDs in, then the cloned system fails to start -i n exactly the same way. So I suspect resolving the UUID issue could make a clone possible.

I've been googling, and seen various recommendations, particularly in this link
https://access.redhat.com/discussions/3536321

where Clonezilla is actually recommended.

Unfortunately, the recommended changes to include UUID, which seems to be the issue, although I may be wrong.

It would be really helpful if this could be done with Clonizilla. However, any thoughts/ideas would be very welcome.

Thanks in advance!

Responses