Getting an additional capsule server

Latest response

I just spoke to someone in pre-sales, and I'm more confused than ever.

We need to add 15 additional servers in our environment (all physical servers, no virtual). Because of the network infrastructure, I want to add an additional capsule server in this new network.

Our reseller has purchased 15 RH00005F3 licenses. I know those are 1) self-service and 2) no smart management. I also know that with the new licensing model, I can get access to MCT3718 with a purchase that includes smart management.

My question for the presales guy was can I add RH00031 licenses and get the MCT3718 access. He said no, smart management cannot be added to a RHEL subscription without support. He also did not think that RH00031 would give access to MC3718, but he wasn't 100% sure. His suggestion was that we see if we can return the 5F3 licenses and buy RH00008 instead.

So... I'm composing an e-mail to the reseller with this info when I find RH00010 -- RHEL self service with smart management. I don't know if that includes MCT3718, but the title sure makes me think it does.

So, does anyone here know?

Also, I assume I'm going to need a 16th license for the capsule server itself under the new licensing model, right? The RHEL license used to be included when a capsule server license was $2500, but it makes sense that Redhat would want you to buy a license for the server now that they are basically giving the capsule service away.

Responses