How to get free redhat subscription

Latest response

How to get free redhat subscription iam new to this please help me

Responses

Hi Raghavan,

There is developer subscription which is on no-cost basis which you can subscribe for https://developers.redhat.com/blog/2016/03/31/no-cost-rhel-developer-subscription-now-available/

I hope this helps.

Hi Raghavan,

All you need to do is to sign in to the Developer portal and accept the current T&C's, then you can use the free no-cost RHEL developer subscription ... further information you can find in the article being provided by Sadashiva in his response above. :)

Regards,
Christian

Hello Raghavan

Redhat provides 60days evaluations subscription for free, where you can have almost all required channels. You have to register and go to subscription and assign to your account. Then you can go the Linux machine —> type subscription-manager register —> enter your red hat account logon credentials —> then enable required repos.

Hope this helps!

Thank you

EDIT: Updated May 2020 - Red Hat now offers 16 RHEL servers for production use under the developer's program. See next link in my next post.

Raghaven, the method Sadashiva and Christian mentioned will give you a one-year developer suite subscription, for free. One additional thing, you have to accept the terms of agreement (not used for production, for development only) when you use your current access.redhat.com credentials & go log into developers.redhat.com.

Regards

RJ

There is quite the update to the developer's program. The pdf file has the gory details and you can find within this link for new Developer program details that explains it further.

For the pdf file, please look at the link above for the text: "The updated Individual Developer subscription for RHEL will be available no later than February 1, 2021."

Regards
RJ

To all who come across this more than two years old discussion thread ... here are the current official (updated) FAQ's and T&C's ->

https://developers.redhat.com/articles/faqs-no-cost-red-hat-enterprise-linux

https://developers.redhat.com/terms-and-condition

Regards,
Christian

Thanks Christian for the additional tips

Regards,
RJ

Gladly, RJ ! You're welcome, my friend. :)

Hi Iam getting below error for RHEL 5.5. I thought its free ? [root@mvip ~]# subscription-manager register --username xxxxxxxx --password xxxxxxxxx unsubscriptable object [root@mvip ~]#

Read FAQ 18. Can I use the no-cost Red Hat Developer Subscription for Individuals to access Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 or other releases? Yes. In addition to the current releases, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 and 8, you will also have access to Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6. Currently, only the most recent releases of Red Hat Enterprise Linux are available from developers.redhat.com. Older releases of Red Hat Enterprise Linux are available on the Red Hat Customer Portal. However, you will need to join the Red Hat Developer program to activate your no-cost Red Hat Developer Subscription for Individuals before downloading prior releases of Red Hat Enterprise Linux.

Nitesh Bansal (and anyone else landing at this discussion)

Please do seriously consider upgrading any of your systems to a current supported version of Red Hat Enterprise Linux. RHEL version 5.x is totally outdated and not supported, no patches or security updates of any form.

Regards,
RJ

Once again I couldn't agree more with you, RJ ! :)

Regards,
Christian