Access to beta 6.4 RPMs

Latest response

Hi all,
I'm trying to deploy a 6.4 beta Satellite server and the the first thing I'll need is access to the beta software. I have signed up and I have the beta SKU in my account.

Rather than attaching my test server directly to the Red Hat CDN, I would like to sync the Satellite 6.4 beta repository with my production Satellite server just like any other Red Hat content and then deploy my beta Satellite as a client of my production Satellite. This means that I can avoid having to do corporate paperwork to get my beta Satellite server connected to the Red Hat CDN, which is especially handy if i rebuild the beta server and its IP address changes.

Trouble is, it doesn't work. With the beta SKU attached to my manifest and the manifest refreshed, I now get a "Red Hat Satellite 6.4 for RHEL 7 Server RPMs x86_64" repository listed in the GUI under Content / Red Hat Repositories / RPMs / Red Hat Satellite 6.4 (for RHEL 7 Server) (RPMs) but when I tick the box to enable content synchronisation, I just get the error message "CDN loading error: access forbidden to https://cdn.redhat.com:443/content/dist/rhel/server/7/7Server/x86_64/satellite/6.4/os/repodata/repomd.xml"

There is also a bunch of stuff in the Beta panel of the GUI, but they all list "Satellite 6" rather than Satellite 6.4, so I suspect that they are really quite old betas.

Does anyone know what's going on? Have I selected the wrong thing? Is the beta only available directly through the CDN?

Responses