Which subscription do I really need for HANA ?

Posted on

Bonjour,

I am in the process of creating a POC for the latest SAP HANA version SPS12, where all systems will run RHEL 7.2 in a virtualized ESXi 6.0 environment [ I know what U are going to say about VMware, so don't :-) ]

In this POC I plan to have a dedicated VM to run the in memory database HANA, a dedicated system to run SAP software like BW, a dedicated system to run other software (SOLMAN, ECC, ...) and so on ...

• For the system that will run the in memory database HANA, I read that I need the "RHEL 7.2 for SAP HANA" subscription . Mandatory.

• For the other systems that will run SAP software, I read that I need to have an other kind of subscription : "RHEL for SAP Business Applications". More exactly it seems to be recommended, not mandatory. Anyway I will follow the recommandation.

Here is my silly question, but I can't find any clear answer :

• on the system that will run the "in memory" database HANA, and only the database, should I add the "RHEL for SAP Business Applications" subscription in addition to the "RHEL 7.2 for SAP HANA" subscription ? After all HANA is also a kind of SAP application ...

• In other words are those 2 subscriptions mutually exclusive or not ? I mean, if I finally choose to install an application on the same system than the HANA database, for example SOLMAN, I will have to install the SAP Business Applications subscription. So will I disrupt my HANA system ?

Thanks in advance for any advice

Eric

Responses