Update non-RH channnels/packages when re-cloning

Posted on

Scenario:
(NOTE: we are currently at 5.5 with a 5.6 upgrade scheduled for later this month. Therefore if the simple answer is: 5.6 will resolve this... then I am cool with that answer)

I had created a clone of rhel-x86_64-server-6 (and all of the children channels, including some "custom" children - Oracle ASM and Dell) on 2014-04-01. At this time everything was up-to-date.

On 2014-06-01 we decided to bring the clone up to that point-in-time. It appears that ALL of the Red Hat channels cloned to the new date successfully. However, the Oracle ASM and Dell OMSA channels were not updated.

I can bring them "current" by going through the Manage Software Channels, finding the clone, selecting Packages then Add... do a Select All, etc...

However - I have around a dozen or so "base clones" and then subsequent non-RH children clones as well.

Does anyone know if there is a spacewalk or spacecmd command to add all the available packages to the clone (either on the date the command is run... or a specific date - similar to spacewalk-clone-by-date)?

Thanks all

Responses