Table of Contents
Support Statement for SAP on RHEL on Amazon Web Services
SAP Note 1618572 - Linux: Support Statement for RHEL on Amazon Web Services
Red Hat Products for SAP Workloads
- RHEL for SAP Solutions: Our flagship offering to support the entire SAP landscape. Available on AWS through Red Hat Cloud Access.
- RHEL for SAP with High Availability and Update Services (RHEL for SAP with HA and US): Tailored for SAP on AWS, available in AWS Marketplace.
- RHEL for SAP HANA: Legacy offering to support SAP HANA, deprecated in Dec, 2018. At renewal customers will have to renew to RHEL for SAP Solutions.
RHEL for SAP Solutions (Cloud Access)
RHEL for SAP Solutions is designed to support the mission critical SAP workloads in on-premise, cloud, and hybrid environment. Please check Red Hat's support article Overview of Red Hat Enterprise Linux for SAP Solutions subscription for details. It's available for purchase from Red Hat and authorized resellers.
RHEL for SAP with HA and US (AWS Marketplace)
RHEL for SAP with HA and US is an offering available in the AWS Marketplace. It offers the following components:
- SAP specific technical components to support S/4HANA, SAP HANA, and SAP Business Apps
- High Availability solutions for S/4HANA, SAP HANA, and SAP Business Applications
- Update Services for SAP Solutions (E4S), that provides support on specified minor releases for 4 years from General Availability.
- Extended Update Support (EUS) for versions that do not have Update Services for SAP Solutions. EUS provides support on specific minor releases for 2 years from General Availability.
- NOT included: Smart Management, and Red Hat Insights (these two components are only available through RHEL for SAP Solutions through Cloud Access).
RHEL for SAP HANA (Deprecated)
RHEL for SAP HANA was created several years ago to support SAP HANA workload. It doesn't contain the HA add-on and the 4-year extended update services. With the offering of
RHEL for SAP with HA and US in the AWS marketplace,
RHEL for SAP HANA has deprecated. New HANA deployment should use either
RHEL for SAP with HA and US in the AWS Marketplace, or
RHEL for SAP Solutions through Cloud Access.
Differences at a Glance
|Component||RHEL for SAP with HA and US (AWS Marketplace)||RHEL for SAP Solutions (Cloud Access)||RHEL for SAP HANA (Deprecated)|
|SAP Specific Software Packages for Netweaver, S4, and HANA||✔||✔||✔ for HANA|
|Update Services for SAP Solutions (E4S)||✔||✔|
|Extended Update Support (EUS) ||✔||✔||✔ in Premium SKU|
|Red Hat Insights||✔|
-  EUS is available for versions that do not have Update Services for SAP Solutions (E4S).
Red Hat Products for SAP from AWS Marketplace and Cloud Access
|Red Hat Enterprise Linux Version||RHEL for HANA*||RHEL for SAP with HA & Update Services||SAP Solutions Cloud Access|
-  RHEL for SAP HANA with corresponding versions have deprecated on 12/30/2018.
Refer to SAP HANA Certified and Supported Hardware Directory to find list of SAP certified Amazon EC2 Instance types for SAP HANA workloads.
RHEL Lifecycle Support
Availability of RHEL Extended Update Support
|RHEL Version||Extended Update Support (EUS) - Up to two (2) years of extended update support||Update Services for SAP Solutions (E4S) - Up to four (4) years of extended update support|
Lifecycle of Update Services for SAP Solutions Add-on
End Date of Update Services for SAP Solutions Add-on, per Red Hat Enterprise Linux Life Cycle
|Red Hat Enterprise Linux Version||End Date|
|7.2||November 30, 2019|
|7.3||November 30, 2020|
|7.4||August 31, 2021|
|7.5*||April 30, 2020*|
|7.6||October 31, 2022|
*: There is no E4S in RHEL for SAP Solutions 7.5, nor RHEL for SAP with HA and US 7.5. The lifecycle of EUS applies instead.
High Availability Solutions for SAP
- SAP HANA: Automated SAP HANA System Replication using Pacemaker is supported on AWS. Configuration guide is available in Red Hat support article Configure SAP HANA System Replication in Pacemaker on Amazon Web Services
- SAP Netweaver: SAP Netweaver ASCS/ERS Standalone Enqueue Server 1 is supported. Configure SAP Netweaver ASCS/ERS ENSA1 on Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- SAP S/4: SAP S/4HANA ASCS/ERS ENSA2 is supported. Configure SAP S/4HANA ASCS/ERS ENSA2 on Amazon Web Services (AWS)