- Is the internal SD-Card found in my Dell Server supported for use with RHEL?
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8
- Dell Servers with Internal SD-Card support (IDSDM)
The RHEL certified system this kbase is attached to has internal SD-Card functionality. While in theory RHEL could be installed to such a device, Red Hat does not support installation of RHEL to USB drives or SD memory cards. SD cards have limited write cycles and the logging and other write activities found in a RHEL installation would bring an SD card to the end of its expected life very quickly.