Red Hat Virtualization 4.3 is now available for download from the Red Hat Customer Portal. This latest version builds on Red Hat Virtualization’s performance and ease of use and is targeted to help customers solve problems around operational simplicity, security, automation, interoperability with the Red Hat portfolio, and modernizing applications running on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8.
Red Hat Virtualization 4.3 adds:
- Support for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8 guests
- Additional Ansible Automation roles for deploying and managing the Red Hat Virtualization Manager (both standalone and self-hosted modes) and day 2 infrastructure management for configuring data centers, clusters, hosts, networks, and more
- Support for IBM POWER 9 hosts running Red Hat Enterprise Linux guests
- Support for software-defined networking (SDN) provided by Red Hat OpenStack Platform 13 and 14 Neutron
The Red Hat Virtualization 4.3 documentation has been extended to include a new “installation options” section that links to detailed, easy-to-follow guides on self-hosted engine and standalone Red Hat Virtualization Manager deployments.
Red Hat Virtualization 4.3 is also included as part of the Red Hat Hyperconverged Infrastructure for Virtualization 1.6 release, which is also now generally available. See the documentation for that product for more details.
Finally, Red Hat Virtualization customers should review the recently updated product lifecycle page for important updates concerning extended product lifecycle for the Red Hat Virtualization product family.
- Red Hat Virtualization 4.3 Release Notes
- Red Hat Virtualization 4.3 Upgrade Guide
- Red Hat Virtualization 4.3 Documentation
- Red Hat Hyperconverged Infrastructure for Virtualization 1.6 Documentation
- Red Hat Virtualization